• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good time to get LCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karbon

I've had an old 21" viewsonic crt for about 4 years now, I know its a piece of crap but it still suits my needs for the most part. (Basically all I've played in the last 5 years is counter strike, lol). I've been playing WoW a lot now, and I feel like my crt is holding me back. Anyways, my question is, would I notice a huge difference switching to an LCD? If so, I was thinking the samsung 940b.

Christmas is coming around, and it's time to buy stuff for my computer :)
I was thinking of upgrading my pc, but I'd rather just get a new monitor, I plan on taking my 478/agp to the grave

Another question to LCD owners. I get eye strain and headaches from playing games too much...do you think an lcd would help with this?

thanks

Another question to LCD owners. I get eye strain and headaches from playing games too much...do you think an lcd would help with this?

Considering LCD's don't flicker and are essentially emission-free I would say so.

5+ hours in front of it? do you ever go bathroom or anything
lol just kidding
I use a gateway EV910 my neighbor gave me and it's nice and huge. I don't have eye problems on it anyways. I wear glasses though, that might make a difference

I can wait a little longer than 5 hours between bathroom trips :)

Is the EV910 an LCD or CRT?

Karbon said:
do you think I would notice a difference from the one I have now? http://www.viewsonic.com/support/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/e2series/e95/

Sorry to be asking so many questions...but all the monitor specs really confuse me, thanks guys

Absolutely. I have a Viewsonic also that I'm quite happy with, but mine is much better (P225fb), and since yours is relatively low-performance, I'd definitely upgrade. That IBM is an excellent choice. Now is the time to buy a good CRT, since development of them seems to have stopped and quality and selection will only go downhill from here.

OK. Karbon, that's the monitor I'm getting from xmas, so if you make that out of stock; I will not be your friend :D. Lol j/k I am getting it, but I doubt they have more than enough. I KNOW FOR SURE YOU WILL LIKE IT. Just look at it's specs! IBM keeps everything plain looking too, which is why I love all their products.

Back