• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my mobo back today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Got my mobo back from Gigabyte today, two weeks to the day after shipping it to them. They made good on the turn around time promise of 2-3 weeks. I'll give them credit for that. They returned my same board. I can tell because I took a marker and put some black dots in inconspicuous places before I boxed it up. And, it is obvious they replaced he fried P4 power connector. I would hope they also tested the board to make sure there were no other problems but I don't know since there was no note included summarizing what all they did. I won't know if it works until I get time to reinstall it and that may be a couple of weeks from now as I'm immersed in another project with a deadline at present.

YTou know when I RMA boards/video cards, I do the same exact thing marking them with a sharpie. 1 or 2 dots in inconspicuous places so I can tell if they returned the same one back to me. 9 out of 10 they replace it with a new one so I've been fortunate.

Hope the repair turned out good and the board works as it should.

Back