• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got some new toys.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ogboot

ASUS P7P55D LE

ASUS P7P55D LE

and a nice i5 Xeon, X3470.

Intel Xeon X3470 Lynnfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache

Both are playing well together in Windows 7 right now. Turbo mode scales the chip to 3.6ghz under load (1 core). Nice and cool at idle, mid-upper 20s with temps in the low 50s at load. Haven't had time to do a thing with it yet, and to be honest i'm not sure if i'll even overclock it any time soon. 7.5 in win7 cpu performance at stock. :beer:
I don't like temps over the 50s regardless of what tjmax is, so i'll prob get an aftermarket cooler before I jump into all that.

well the new i5/i7's can take higher temps then core 2. mine loads close to 80c some times with no complaints. though the mounting method for the ninja is my biggest problem concerning temps.

maybe i'm just stuck in my AMD days with the heat thing.
Motherboard recognizes the processor correctly, reports it as an x3470 in bios and windows which is nice.

CPUz (just cause i don't know if anyone has installed a xeon on these boards yet)

cpuzu.jpg

We tried some intel desktop boards at work and if i recall they didn't like the xeons too much. so +1 for asus.

Back