• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX260 216 SC for $120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So far I've gotten two confirmation emails from Amazon which show the original price at $119ea. w/ overnight shipping (for my order of 5 cards)

Lol, I was really suprised when I saw it at 120. now 300+ lol funny amazon.

lol

i dont think they would, that would be illegal wouldnt it? you already payed for it right?
i would imagine the person who listed these as 120... possibly fired:eek:

yeah, haha sucks for that person.

Just now
------------------
List Price: $335.99
Price: $119.99
You Save: $216.00 (64%)

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by TigerDirect.

Only 4 left in stock--order soon.

======
one minute 300 second 120.. wth..

› 2 used & new available from $119.99

lol did they get charged yet?

We're writing to confirm your purchase of the following item from TigerDirect, Inc.: 4 of EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card with Lifetime Warranty (available to ship by October 14,2008) Amazon Payments has charged your credit card (Visa) for this purchase, and the funds have been credited to TigerDirect, Inc..

We're writing to confirm your purchase of the following item from TigerDirect, Inc.: 3 of EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card with Lifetime Warranty (available to ship by October 14,2008)

:)

There must be some catch.

It seems the 'Technical Details' are listed the same as this motherboard http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-nForce-680i-Recertified-Motherboard/dp/tech-data/B001G51FA2/ref=de_a_smtd except for the last line.

Maybe they mixed them up, but then again the price isn't the same as the mobo ($99.99). In which case they supposedly don't have to honor the price, as someone on the evga forum thread posted:

"I bet the orders will be cancelled since they do not have to honor prices that were due to any typograhical error. Amazon automatically advertises the lowest price available for any product from their affiliates until that inventory is fully allocated then bumps up to the next lowest. Here is the standard letter:

quote:

We regret to inform you that an error caused the "Insert Product Here" to be displayed at an incorrect price.

In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we are unable to
offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we have
cancelled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the
millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We do, however, verify
prices as part of our shipping procedures. If we discover that an
item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our
discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or
cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. This policy is
posted in the Help section and is accessible through numerous other
areas of our web site.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We value your business and hope that you will give us a chance to
serve you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com "

It would be very nice if my suspicions are wrong though. If someone actually gets one of these delivered at their house next week we'll find out since they'll post right away.

Just wait I am still very skeptical, once someone shows me a SHIPPED notification is when I will go on a rampage and end you all who got in on the deal :temper: :eek: :bang head

Worst part is this post was put up prolly 5 min after I headed out , I come back and the deal is dead, lol.

Just wait I am still very skeptical, once someone shows me a SHIPPED notification is when I will go on a rampage and end you all who got in on the deal :temper: :eek: :bang head

mine's been completed and i read that means its been already been boxed, but no one can't confirm it shipped until monday lol.

EDIT BY WarriorII for worthy content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back