• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX260 216 SC for $120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Darn I don't check the forum for a day and this sweetness goes by, woulda just pocketed the money but I do know from past experience that when superhot deals like this hit there are tons for flip-sale within days and it's sometimes hard to get decent resell prices.

Hope for your guy's sake it isn't 680i's though :eek:

896-P3-1267-AR

thats the PN for the card, i have screenshots of everything, the site with the price, my status at the site and emails, i have it all, there is no way they can weasel out of this, unless 100 people call them to make sure lol. we'll see

yeah I feel it will be the GTX260 , the item numbers don't even match that motherboard... >.>

I'm envisioning an Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade motivational poster here. "Heads. They will be rolling" (the part near the end where they send a guy into the first trap and his head comes rolling out). Because if what I'm reading on the evga forums thread is true, that's what's going to be happening come Monday when a lot of p***ed off enthusiasts start calling Amazon and Tiger Direct when 680i boards start showing up.

Although I'm not going to be too sorry for the people that hogged out and bought 4-5+ of these things. ;)

hey if someone wants to be kind and sell a spare one to me pm please will pay decent coin, save me some quid thats all

DAMN DAMN DAMN!, why did i have to work tonight! i just wanted 1 :(

im watching classies like a hawk. if you ******** try to pull a huge profit here... sigh, just sell em cheap. please? for the little guys who missed out. kthnx

confirmationyz1.png

53036655sz4.png

Three for the price of one. :beer: :clap:

Last edited:
You may have recieved a charge notification, but they can still retract the sale and refund your payment. They could claim insufficient stock, or some other bull**** and be able to get out of the order.

I wouldn't hold my breath just yet

You may have recieved a charge notification, but they can still retract the sale and refund your payment. They could claim insufficient stock, or some other bull**** and be able to get out of the order.

I wouldn't hold my breath just yet

According to EVGA, the item number "896-P3-1267-AR" is in fact a GTX260 Core 216 SC Graphics Card". It is not an item number for a 680i motherboard. If TigerDirect sends out a motherboard, then it is clearly fraud, more like "BAIT and SWITCH". They advertise and sell an item, but you recieve something totally different. That is grounds for legal actions.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=896-P3-1267-AR&family=GeForce GTX 200 Series Family

I guess we will all see come Monday. I would hate to work for Amazon or Tiger Monday lol. I saw this at work and everyone in the office started freaking out and I was the first person in office to throw my credit card at the screen haha. Ordered me three ASAP.

Wow, if anyone is looking to part with one, still make you a bit of money, but a bit less than retail, shoot me a PM :)

Whether I get my order or not, I'd jut like to thank you for starting this thread
and letting this rest of us in on this killer deal.
I guess we will all see come Monday. I would hate to work for Amazon or Tiger Monday lol. I saw this at work and everyone in the office started freaking out and I was the first person in office to throw my credit card at the screen haha. Ordered me three ASAP.

No matter where I look for the 680i motherboard and that card, they don't have the same item/stock/part number anywhere. I don't know how that could be confusing.

Just called about 10 mins ago to a TD agent and they showed my order as being for 2 680i motherboards to which I promptly cancelled. Do yourself a favor and get it out of the way now before they send you the boards and have to pay to send them back.

Just called about 10 mins ago to a TD agent and they showed my order as being for 2 680i motherboards to which I promptly cancelled. Do yourself a favor and get it out of the way now before they send you the boards and have to pay to send them back.

Guys this is a typography error as someone from EVGA said themselves.

Here's how it works, on YOUR side you see item numbers, part numbers and pictures that match the GTX 260, but on THEIR database side, someone put in a SKU or internal database number that matches the 680i, so while you're trying to add it to cart and trying to order a GTX 260, on their side, their computers see "680i added to cart".

This isn't a bait and switch, it's a complete mess up. The item number for the GTX 260 could've been 12345 and the item number for the 680i could've been 13245.

And honestly you could've seen this coming, it's not fair to call it a hoax or scam or something. You knew walking into this that this was most likely a mistake. I mean come on, the 8800GTS G80 has been out of circulation for a year now and most retailers still have those hanging around the shelves for $350. Even if the GTX 270 and GTX 290 were around the corner, the 260 and 280 wouldn't be clearanced out for 50% off or more. I watched this thread from the moment it surfaced because I knew it was similar to a situation where a 37" 1080p TV on a website was listed at $345 and people were maxing out their credit cards placing orders on SD. When they deal fell through, they tried to give the site bad ratings and reseller/pricegrabber took the site's back because no one's going to expect a site to take a $10,000 to $20,000 hit for "customer service".

Not in today's economy.

So cancel your orders before you get shipped a 680i motherboard. This was a mistake on Amazon.com's part and if you cry hard enough, I'm sure they'll reimburse you shipping charges to refund the motherboard and they might even give you a $20-30 coupon so you really CAN order a GTX260, but for a reasonable "deal price".

Last edited:
Back