• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Had me some firestix... sadly they're dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

I had some 2x1 FSX800D2C-K2G and it was OK RAM. They are dead now and sitting in RMA status for the last month while Buffalo tries to find some more.. I see on newegg that they are only 45 bux... (190 when I got them) I can tell you I've already wasted that much money dealing with the RMA process...

I have a e6600 on an asus p5b deluxe with watercooling. The e6600 does 3.7ghz easy.

Any suggest on new RAM? Cash limit is probably 150 or so and I want something with a full warranty and tight timings.

Are you looking for 2gb or 4gb? If you're looking for 2gb, I just ordered a set of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ballistix-2...yZ111425QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope it's okay to post an eBay link like that. They should be the old school double-sided ones containing D9GMH. At this point, though, there just isn't much in the way of DDR2 that I can recommend. You're better off finding something used.

-Collin-

Thanks for the recommendation. So there isn't any good left in DDR2? What's up with that? I remember the hype about these D9's like a year and a half ago.

Are you looking for 2gb or 4gb? If you're looking for 2gb, I just ordered a set of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ballistix-2...yZ111425QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope it's okay to post an eBay link like that. They should be the old school double-sided ones containing D9GMH. At this point, though, there just isn't much in the way of DDR2 that I can recommend. You're better off finding something used.

-Collin-

the issue the "good" high speed D9's were made, when DDR2-800 sticks cost you $250 for a 2gig kit. now that DDR2 is price is rock bottom they had to cut something to make selling ram more profitable. this is purly my theroy, how ever, givin the timing of ddr3 and when ddr2 D9's starting having issues. that cant be ignored, plus the count less posts of people who bought D9 based ram with in the past 1year. as you can read here some have got thru 3+ rma only to ebay them or finally get a working set. my problem is it took more then 1 rma to get a working set. that kind of product malfuntion while at stock speed/voltage as reported shoud no be tolerated by consumers.

the ram you should be looking at imo is the ddr2-1066 4gig kit from Gskill.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231166

Well I finally got through the RMA process. Started on May 4th... They shipped some PC2-8500U-555 FSX1066D2C-1G sticks. going to need to test these out to see if they can even do what the old ones could.

on a side note, damn is ddr3 expensive. heh

ddr3 isnt that bad its only the realy high speed stuff. there are kits im looking at that would cost $250 for a 2gig kits like i paid for last year in june for a 2gig ddr2-800 kit. i dont see the issues with ddr3 prices other then DDR2 is insanly cheap right now.

Back