• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone tried this out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigdaddysky

Registered
Whats up all?
Just looking for a cooling soulution for my soon to be system. Just have the mobo right now and thinking the e8400 or q6600 not sure yet. anyway what i wanted to know was if anyone has any experience with any of the Asus' heatsink and fan combo's?
I was think of trying this one out but not sure if it would perform well.
I would like to hear your take on it.
Thanks
BDS

I am worried that fancy cap on it may hinder it. Also is it just me or do those heat pipes look small?

The heat pipes do look small but the thing has to be rather large to accommodate a 120mm fan so that's probably why they look small.
I don't think the top cover will hinder airflow across the fins. If anything, it probably helps direct air through the fins.
It sure is pretty though if you dig gold. They should have made the rest of it copper to match.
Bling Bling.

my take on a heatsink like that is... NO THANKS... id much rather have a Ultra 120 / ultra 120 x / scythe ninja over that asus thing.

the fact that they call it amazing makes me think its not, but that could just be me.

Back