• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help first time oc 1090t on Asrock 990fx Extreme4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmmmm. Pretty odd, I went to my UEFI then the timings were already at 9-10-9-27 at 1600MHz by default though, I couldnt select 1866 since it wasn't on the list.

The board knows that DDR3-1866 ram is not supported without an FX processor in the socket. You could overclock the ram by using the HT Ref Freq, but you have to adjust more than just a multiplier.
RGone...

The board knows that DDR3-1866 ram is not supported without an FX processor in the socket. You could overclock the ram by using the HT Ref Freq, but you have to adjust more than just a multiplier.
RGone...

well here are my current settings.

weird I haven't done anything with my ram ntfs.sys bsod. could it be my ram?

Attachments

• 3in1.png
    3in1.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I agree it's more likely a driver issue of some sort. Could be antivirus or virtualization software if you're using any. Or even an old system driver of some sort. When is the ladt time you have updated your chipsets

well here are my current settings.

weird I haven't done anything with my ram ntfs.sys bsod. could it be my ram?

I'd say from previous screen shots, your Temps are really closeto being an issue and perhaps a little low volted.

When it comes to running 933 MHz ram, I've never had an issue with stability even at 1000mhz and only 1.5v with a set of mushkins.

If your going to stay at 800mhz at least try and get your timings in order. Test your ram at lower CPU frequencies so that temps don't become an issue. Most Phenom II chips I messed with (a good hand full) went unstable before 55c at the core #0. Its a rough figure, but if you can keep it under 50c, that would be the way to go.

Back