• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me build.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGr8s1

OK I've narrowed down to "where" to buy my next watercooling kit. They carry Swiftech and DangerDen. So I'm left with a few options here. You see the thing is I want the best water system I can get for the least amount of money with the choices that I have at this online store..... http://www.vibecomputers.com. It's near where I work so pickup is easy and convenient. They carry everything I need for a complete system so I don't have to drive across town to pick up individual items. All I'm asking is for some expert advice on the following with a brief explanation for your decision. I don't care about mixing and matching parts.

*ALL PRICES IN CANADIAN DOLLARS*

CPU Waterblock:

Danger Den Maze4 $56.95 vs. Swiftech MCW5000-P $49.95

GPU Waterblock:

Danger Den Maze4 $64.95 vs. Swiftech MCW50 $44.95

NB Waterblock:

Danger Den Z-Chip $47.95 vs. MCW462-UH $74.95
I'm not sure if the MCW462-UH will fit on my NB properly. (see sig.) It says it's universal. Can anyone confirm this?

Radiator:

Swiftech Radiator 676 (Dual 120mm) $59.95 vs. Black Ice Xtreme $89.95

Water Pump:

Swiftech MCP300 $49.95 vs. Hydor L30 $64.95 vs. Eheim 1250 $93.59

What's recommended? Easier to use?

Reservoir $26.95-$39.95 vs. Switftech Fill and Bleed Kit $29.95 vs. T/Y Fitting $2.49 vs. None of the above $0

On a side note. I have 10' of PVC tubing. 1/8" thick, 1/2" ID and 5/8" OD. I think it's rated at 30psi or something like that. Is this stuff good enough or should I get some Clearflex 60?

Why do you have to get all of it from the same store? You're really limiting yourself.

Things I'd get from the store:
Swiftech MCW-5000
Swiftech MCW-50
Dangerden Z-chip
T-fitting (the swiftech kit = super restrictive)

Things I'd get elsewhere:

Heatercore for a radiator: You can probably pick this up at a local autoshop, and it will outperform the BIX and swiftech hayden rad by a good deal.

Pump - The pumps you listed are okay, but I personally would prefer a Danner (Pondmaster) Mag 3. It can create much higher head pressure than the other pumps availible to you, which means it will create more flow through your restrictive multiple block setup. You might be able to find one at a local pet or lawn and garden store, or you can order it online for $40-$50.

Your tubing will work, but not well. It will kink easily, and make setting things up a pain. I'd pick up some Clearflex 60 from www.mcmaster.com . It's .65 cents a foot, and labeled as PVC Chemical Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD on their site.

The MCW462-UH is not a northbridge block, it's "universal" because it can be used with processor Sockets A, 423, 478, 603 and 604. It is not designed to be used as a northbridge cooler.

Back