• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me stabilize my system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
System:
CPU: 3930k
MB: ASUS P9X79
GPU: 680 GTX
PSU: Corsair HX 1050
RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengance 1866MHz
Case: Thermaltake Chasar MK-1
Cooler: Corsair H100i (Stock fans (louuuuudddd!)

Currently OC to 5.0 (http://valid.canardpc.com/2721559)

Prime95 will crash system, but i played Crysis 3 all max for about 1h no issues, i ran 3dMarks 11 few times and no crash.. Max temp recorded was ~70C...

Bios Settings:

frR1lji.png
4Wc8n0u.png
CZSL5ZH.png
LzsnAHb.png
XJ1pSS1.png
ktUuTLT.png
7Zjmzvm.png

Has your system been p95 stable at anything else (it looks like you are running at 50 multi right now?)

Try down to 4.6 and see if it is stable, and go from there.

64GB of RAM is a ton to have to control with the IMC, you may need to increase the VCCSA and/or VTT to around 1.15-1.2

prime95 will use significantly more memory than crysis3 or 3dmark would, so the problem isn't related to the video card, but possibly to the CPU overclock or the RAM (or some combination of the two).

If you run small ffts does it crash?

Right now I only have 32gb in the system, and was running small FFTs (crashing), increased VCCSA and VTT to 1.15, system booted normally, annnnnd stupid windows update 13 out of 128...

Sooooo update done,OK i increased my VCCSA and VTT to 1.15 and lowered my multiplier to 49... So running at 4.9 atm, left everything else how it was(except the memory which was changed to 10-11-10-30) Now Prime does run on Small FFTs after 5 minutes im getting this temps: 84 80 76 70 79 84, whats safe for this CPU?

Glad it is working !

I believe tjmax for the sbe chips is 95c so I would max out at about where you are now. You could always try lowering your core once you know you are stable at your current settings.

Yes, as in - you're getting current spikes with your "optimized" power control and heightened voltage because you're voltage has a a set numerical limit which means to achieve you're clock frequency then you're current has to do most of the work to satisfy your power needs which are "optimized" meanwhile you're current ratio is far less measured and accurate than you're voltage control hence a possible overcurrent scenario so clamp down on your current or that chip could fry like a grease fire.

boardr45 - How would you suggest to "clamp down on the current"? Your post seems rather vague and I for one (I'm sure others as well)
would like to understand what settings you're speaking of resulting in better control of electrical current.

Ummm overcurrent clamp means lower the ratio he has which ranges from 120 - 130 percent.. how else? Applying ohms law shouldnt be vague I like to encourage critical/creative thinking at times

Btw judging from the screen shot I have to ask..why keep turbo mode enabled? That's going to gobble stability and resources when overclocking is essentially turbo mode done manually

His "current capability" setting and he may want to investigate his load line calibration also...overclocking isn't just theoretics placed on to settings in bios there is also a step by step methodology and incremental changes that need to be identified as variables and established or held constant before you add more of those changes get one thing right before you move on to the next setting..ya know real true troubleshooting

Back