• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!! my system suddently got really unstable:(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomas

I just bought a 1.4g for a few weeks ago and oced it too 1.544mhz and has been 100% stable at default core voltage, running seti 24/7 and prime95 for hours.

Then last night before i went to bed i fired up seti as usual but when i woke up i saw the seti had crashed, i think it has just runned for a few mins before it crashed.

Then i tried running prime95 and it crashed on the first test ERROR: ERROR ROUND OF bla bla possible hardware failure, consult the readme file.

Now it crashes every damn time. WTF is wrong?? i got the same temp same voltage and everything.

So my cpu is allready starting to die after a couple of weeks oc??

hmmm! so its not heat and it doesnt sound like ram...........
maybe cpu but i cant see why,fsb maybe........im thinking man!
well what is your fsb @? is you agp overclocked too high?
they may be way off but you never know man.
i hope its not the cpu but if so it only means its faulty.
goodluck bro

Registry Problems

Mabe its the OS registry. I had a similar issue and it would not recognise my OC CPU. I had to back up with an older version.

FSB also plays similar tricks due to PCI and AGP fequencies.

im running at 11.5x 134fsb or i set it at 133 but is actually 1-2mhz more on my board so the speed is 1.54g.

Yup its factory unlocked.... I cant up my fsb to more than 138mhz or it will not even post at all, which i think is a memory problem (133mhz cas3 ram)

But still cant explain why my system got suddently unstable on the same multipilere/fsb i have runned since i got it.

Finally my vcore settings worked again so i bumped it up too 1.85 which gives me 1.9v in sandra and it got finally stable again.
But still i think its strange it wont be stable at default voltage anymore since it has been running at 1.54g without a single crash since i got it and suddently last night it wouldnt be stable anymore:| I tought it should be the other way?? after some burnin it will oc higher and be stable at less vcore??

Atleast from my expierence with ocing other cpus

Back