• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! overclocking my 1090T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the board from my screen shot (sorry) ....... vs asrock board (already own both) ......asus sabertooth is for fx-9590 ..... sorry didnt mean any disrespect to original poster sorry again for that ..... should have made name uber noob .......... and to shrimp i never said anything about what was in my SS was great

It was a joke buddy. I mean no harm!!!

On a serious note.... a Better board for that CPU is going to be a waste of moneys. HOWEVER------

If your going to get the FX-9590, don't buy the Sabo. Get the Formula-z. It's better equipped for that processor on a whole variety of levels. I'm not saying the Sabo is a bad board or not capable, the F-Z is just a much nicer board all around. It's worth the extra $$ if you have the $$ for the FX-9590.

Also if you plan to "overclock" the FX-9590, Forget about it. Your going to need a very expensive water loop for decent temps to even "think" about overclocking this one. It doesn't like under-volting. It doesn't like high temps (which its hot from the box) and it'll love the cold.

Also don't worry about what and where you post unless an admin sees fit your out of the box. Every one starts somewhere and posting in a thread where others have similar hardware isn't going off any real topic and you might find valuable information along the way.

I miss Phenom II though. Fun to de-lid, great single thread performance (for it's time) and just a gas to overclock on a wide range of cooling apparatus!!

that m5a board is right in the middle for clocking a 955/965 in my mind.
it lacks a lot of bios features from the top line boards but will get you where a 955/965 need to go, about 3.8 for 24/7.

for the 9590, the ch5-f-z is pretty much the only way to go as shrimpy says.

I have a 965 on the way and we'll see how it does on a crosshair 5-f-z once again.
I had one that I ran on my sabertooth and non -z board, 4.5 on water when it was cool was where I wound up, traded it to someone and it went +7 ghz on dice or ln2.
I just love the phenoms and thubans, I wish fx would have been a version of them...............

yeah about where i got on cheap closed loop but pretty cold at the moment .

neither of the 2 suppliers i order thru online had the board only sabertooth and cant buy local as i live in the stix but will try track one down hopefully .

got the fx 9590 and sabertooth together today .. temp was higher then id hoped but expected it to get warm ...

that 9590 is one of the biggest heaters ever made!!!!!
takes a custom loop and a giant rad to cool it, 30mm thick rads will not cut it, 60mm thick 120x4 will do it.

Still think you should sell them off and get one good card.

johan's very right, a 970 would fit right in, even a used 780, ones for sale in the classies now.

yeah already got it in my wish list next month or so should have my cards ..... id only get 50 buck for em both lol might aswell keep them see how far i can clock them ..... doing bench graphics loop and vcore 1 is sitting on 45 after 20 minutes :(

Last edited:
In that case you'll want to open those puppies up, get as much voltage as you can. You definitely have headroom temp wise.

Those cards are good over 90c all I meant is you have headroom for more power but would likely need BIOS work to get higher voltage limits.

Are you talking about the GFX cards or the CPU. The cards don't have a NB

My limits and yours probably aren't the same. But if you want to stay safe try 65c on the package/core and 72-75c on the CPU/Socket

haha yeah i know :p ....im just wanting the fx-9590 to stay stable even at stock clock but possibly drop NB temp Vcore temps whats least volts i can run and be stable at 4.7ghz-5ghz

haha yeah i know :p ....im just wanting the fx-9590 to stay stable even at stock clock but possibly drop NB temp Vcore temps whats least volts i can run and be stable at 4.7ghz-5ghz

1.5250V for true stability. Or just run it stock. Itll hang eventually while under volted, cpu vid needs to be available to that cpu 22.5x multi and higher.

Not with thos temps but you really should do a proper stress test like Prime95 blend. Then you'll see some heat from that sucker. I gave you the max temps a few posts back.

Back