• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! overclocking my 1090T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
fingers crossed they can pull it off like they say .... i made a mistake i think mine is just 3Dmark the one with firestrike ...so id probably be even worse

FX has a disadvantage in firestrike. The combined test cuts it down at the knees. The bench treats it as a 4 core and only runs 4 threads instead of 8 so the physics portion is crippled.

Like Johan said, AMD and 3D benchmarks don't really mix well. If you're really looking to compete with AMD, best is to stick to 2D benches.

im currently **** farting around with the 955 have it at 3.7ghz on just 120 mm closed water loop... seems pretty stable ..... only doing runs in ice storm unlimited but kinda felt good pushing it to 12th spot above 8350s (at stock) know its not in u blokes league but maybe soon lol

im currently **** farting around with the 955 have it at 3.7ghz on just 120 mm closed water loop... seems pretty stable ..... only doing runs in ice storm unlimited but kinda felt good pushing it to 12th spot above 8350s (at stock) know its not in u blokes league but maybe soon lol
If you get a chance post a screen shot of Cpu-Z with the 955 on board, I'd like to see what revision it is. They are damn good chips, out of all the ones I have I still love Ocing my 955 Be. I don't have any 3D benches with mine, but here's a nice run on Air doing Super Pi 32m with mine.

If you get a chance post a screen shot of Cpu-Z with the 955 on board, I'd like to see what revision it is. They are damn good chips, out of all the ones I have I still love Ocing my 955 Be. I don't have any 3D benches with mine, but here's a nice run on Air doing Super Pi 32m with mine.

thats a pretty sweet OC man

Thanks, for the ss, it's a C3 chip so it should be a pretty decent one. Nothing to make fun of, we were all new at this once. If pushing is your goal, then you cam to the right place. That 955 I have is a darn good chip, I had it running 4.0 on Air 2 hours prime stable for a while. It's seen it's share of benching, it did 5.0 on cold water and has been as high as 5.6 Ghz on liquid nitrogen.

thats sweet man 4.0ghz on air is pretty insane ... sadly id never be able to get to liquid nitrogen levels ..... my chip currently hit its wall in that SS didn't like 4.0ghz at stock voltages .... any recommendations ? :) pretty plz lol

thats sweet man 4.0ghz on air is pretty insane ... sadly id never be able to get to liquid nitrogen levels ..... my chip currently hit its wall in that SS didn't like 4.0ghz at stock voltages .... any recommendations ? :) pretty plz lol
Well a few things, when you say stock voltages, do you mean with the voltage left on Auto? If left on Auto the motherboard will do it's best to compensate for the Oc by raising the voltage but at some point is not going to be able to keep up. You're best bet is to put the Cpu Voltage on manual and raise it when needed. How I go about pushing a chip using the multiplier is pretty straight forward, if looking for a stable Oc for daily usage. I'll set the voltage to something reasonable like 1.375-1.4 depending on what I'm cooling the chip with. Then just raise the multiplier and test with 20 minutes of prime blend with Hwmonitor open. I watch my temps, keep the Cpu and package temp below 62c, note though, some Phenom II chips will get a bit wonky around 55c on the package temp. If it passes 20 minutes, I raise the mutiplier rinse and repeat. If prime fails I raise the volts .00625 or one click and test again. At some point, I will stop raising multiplier and then see if I can get the chip to pass 2 hours of prime blend, adding voltage when necessary until it passes or I hit max recommended temps.

This all said, the motherboard you have the 955 on, is a budget board at best. It's not really recommended for Ocing due to it's inferior VRM section and lack of heatsinks on that section. When I first started Ocing, I learned the hard way that you must have a good board to provide clean power to the chip in order to push it. If the boards Vrm power phase section is lacking, it will most likely throttle the power when it get overheated. It can also give up the ghost like 2 of my boards did and seeing smoke coming out of the computer case can be a bit un nerving. I was lucky that only the board died both times, when a board goes it can sometimes take the other components with it.

Well a few things, when you say stock voltages, do you mean with the voltage left on Auto? If left on Auto the motherboard will do it's best to compensate for the Oc by raising the voltage but at some point is not going to be able to keep up. You're best bet is to put the Cpu Voltage on manual and raise it when needed. How I go about pushing a chip using the multiplier is pretty straight forward, if looking for a stable Oc for daily usage. I'll set the voltage to something reasonable like 1.375-1.4 depending on what I'm cooling the chip with. Then just raise the multiplier and test with 20 minutes of prime blend with Hwmonitor open. I watch my temps, keep the Cpu and package temp below 62c, note though, some Phenom II chips will get a bit wonky around 55c on the package temp. If it passes 20 minutes, I raise the mutiplier rinse and repeat. If prime fails I raise the volts .00625 or one click and test again. At some point, I will stop raising multiplier and then see if I can get the chip to pass 2 hours of prime blend, adding voltage when necessary until it passes or I hit max recommended temps.

This all said, the motherboard you have the 955 on, is a budget board at best. It's not really recommended for Ocing due to it's inferior VRM section and lack of heatsinks on that section. When I first started Ocing, I learned the hard way that you must have a good board to provide clean power to the chip in order to push it. If the boards Vrm power phase section is lacking, it will most likely throttle the power when it get overheated. It can also give up the ghost like 2 of my boards did and seeing smoke coming out of the computer case can be a bit un nerving. I was lucky that only the board died both times, when a board goes it can sometimes take the other components with it.

Sweet cheers for reply dude .... hmmmm smoke show or no smoke show could be interesting lol .... would an asrock 970 extreme 4 board be better or they both crappy ?

would an asrock 970 extreme 4 board be better or they both crappy ?

Or they both crappy, makes me wonder the Asrock 970 EXT 4 crappy in comparison to what, since you say 'both'.

DLH said:
1x ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard R2.0 (ordered)

I thought you had ordered the board above as copied from one of your other threads. The Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 to replace the M5A78L-M LX V2 which is not what would be suggested overall for any FX 8 core processor, which I thought you had ordered also. So what would you want an Asrock 970 EXT 4 motherboard for?

RGone...

EDIT:
Have certainly made a mess and walked all over caddi daddi's Help Me Overclock my 1090T thread. Most of us know him well enough but for anyone else wishing to gain info about overclocking a 1090T, this thread is sure a mess. Need to start your own thread DLH as the polite thing to do.
END EDIT.

Or they both crappy, makes me wonder the Asrock 970 EXT 4 crappy in comparison to what, since you say 'both'.

I thought you had ordered the board above as copied from one of your other threads. The Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 to replace the M5A78L-M LX V2 which is not what would be suggested overall for any FX 8 core processor, which I thought you had ordered also. So what would you want an Asrock 970 EXT 4 motherboard for?

RGone...

EDIT:
Have certainly made a mess and walked all over caddi daddi's Help Me Overclock my 1090T thread. Most of us know him well enough but for anyone else wishing to gain info about overclocking a 1090T, this thread is sure a mess. Need to start your own thread DLH as the polite thing to do.
END EDIT.

the board from my screen shot (sorry) ....... vs asrock board (already own both) ......asus sabertooth is for fx-9590 ..... sorry didnt mean any disrespect to original poster sorry again for that ..... should have made name uber noob .......... and to shrimp i never said anything about what was in my SS was great

oh gawd guys, you know my threads, as long as some one gets something good from them, and info gets slathered around it's all welcome.

Back