• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
does the pump make weird noises? I found that these AIO cooling units have air in them. I`m thinking that maybe you have some air traped in the pump or the mounting screws for pump are not on tight enough . Do you have the radiator hoses like this or this?

I had heard a odd noise from the pump for about 3 sec and then it stopped...my hoses are setup like the 2nd picture..one hose is cool and the other hose is warm..

I had heard a odd noise from the pump for about 3 sec and then it stopped...my hoses are setup like the 2nd picture..one hose is cool and the other hose is warm..

i`d turn it around so that the pump doesn`t pull the air from the top of the rad. :chair:

So now it's beginning to look like your H20 cooler pump is not working.

Just to make certain we don't take this for granted since the system is out of the case at present: make sure the radiator is higher than the water block and make sure the hose connections on the radiator are at the bottom. Air will seek the highest point and if that happens to be the pump head then you will get air lock and if the return hose is at the top of the radiator where there is an air space then the coolant will not flow properly into the return hose but will be picking up air and returning air to the pump.

Do you have the original stock cooler that came boxed with the CPU? Or any other fairly good air cooler laying around?

It's a start. Avg. 6C temp drop. Could you take a pic/draw where are the fans installed and how are they pushing/pulling air? + what case are you useing. :thup:

The cooler is not higher than the water block. I have the stock fan that came with the processor. All components are out of the case with a box fan blowing on them.

moved the cooler up high...ran the test temps shot up on the NB again....

Attachments

• kjl.jpg
    kjl.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 42
  • dfghj.jpg
    dfghj.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 41
Don't take that package "Powers" too seriously. It is not actually a measurement but a calculated estimate by the software.

Something is still very wrong with your water cooler. My suggestion is to hang it so the radiator is higher than water block, the hoses are straight up and down or nearly so and the hoses are at the bottom of the radiator. Hang it like that overnight and give the air bubbles a chance to work out of the liquid and travel to the top of the radiator. Then check it again tomorrow.

Don't take that package "Powers" too seriously. It is not actually a measurement but a calculated estimate by the software.

Something is still very wrong with your water cooler. My suggestion is to hang it so the radiator is higher than water block, the hoses are straight up and down or nearly so and the hoses are at the bottom of the radiator. Hang it like that overnight and give the air bubbles a chance to work out of the liquid and travel to the top of the radiator. Then check it again tomorrow.

Will Do...I will report back tomorrow...

well...just browsing the net....it shut off and now it wont reboot...goes into windows login screen and shuts back down...So...idk..it has to be a hardware failure.

No, it's too hot. Even when there's not much load on it I think. I wouldn't conclude you have a faulty board or CPU just yet. It is obvious your temps are way higher than they should be.

No, it's too hot. Even when there's not much load on it I think. I wouldn't conclude you have a faulty board or CPU just yet. It is obvious your temps are way higher than they should be.

Not sure how to fix them...but i will retest after work..

Well, if the temps aren't improved significantly after the cooler has been burping all night while hanging then the cooler is bad and you need to do an RMA of the cooler I would think. You never answered my question about having the stock air cooler laying around. If you had that and put it on you could check those temps against the temps you were getting with the water loop.

Well, if the temps aren't improved significantly after the cooler has been burping all night while hanging then the cooler is bad and you need to do an RMA of the cooler I would think. You never answered my question about having the stock air cooler laying around. If you had that and put it on you could check those temps against the temps you were getting with the water loop.

I did answer your question...a few posts up...I have the stock fan that came with the processor....When i get off work i'm going to run prime95 and check the temps....I can also stick the stock fan on and run it...

Computer started up fine was extracting a file and shut off now will not reboot past windows logo

*now booted up....looking at my temps TMPIN2 reads 78c....NB is hoter then anything else on the board*

Last edited:
does the nb heatsink have thermal paste on it? Mine is loose

Back