• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It either has thermal paste or a thermal "pad" under it. It shouldn't be loose loose but generally they are held in place by spring-loaded push pins and there isn't a great deal of pressure there. They will wiggle a little. But if yours is actually loose it is not making good contact and it will overheat.

bpkota did you mount the stock heatsink on yet and test the system? Even though the NB may be hot your biggest issue is your cpu temps.

bpkota did you mount the stock heatsink on yet and test the system? Even though the NB may be hot your biggest issue is your cpu temps.

Sorry it took so long to respond...between the wife & kid having the stomach flu. We got a surprise storm and lost power...I just installed the factory fan setup and currently the temps are looking great...i got a 16c cpu temp after boot...

Do some Prime95 blend stress testing and get back to us with results. Hope your family is feeling better.

Sorry it took so long to respond...between the wife & kid having the stomach flu. We got a surprise storm and lost power...I just installed the factory fan setup and currently the temps are looking great...i got a 16c cpu temp after boot...

Hope family is recovering nicely.

Now you know the W/C setup you had is an issue. I would do something about RMA of it for a working one.
RGone...

I agree with RGone and something I suggested to you already. Now there is no question what the culprit was before.

Everybody is starting to feel better...I sent in a rma request a couple days ago...when Trents suggested swapping it with the stock fan...I am waiting on a answer from them..I think i may build my own custom loop..with help from you gents...

Your temps look like about what we'd expect with the stock cooler. No room for overclocking but adequate for stock. I've never built a custom water loop but there are plenty of folks around here who can help you with that. There are also some really nice pre-built water kits out now like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181035

Just get something that will work with your case.

Back