• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help pls! G-Skill 3200 MHZ RAM unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You shouldn't need to touch RTL/IOL at all. If you have to then something isn't right with BIOS. Usually motherboard sets optimal RTL/IOL or a bit too relaxed for improved stability.

What about 3600 16-16-16 1.35V ? Most of Samsung B based kits (so like yours) can make it. It gives similar performance and can tweak some more from that point.

Sooo i tried a lot now and got this result:

3600 mhz 16-16-36 is not booting at ALL, set vccio/sa to auto.
3500 mhz 16-16-36 WORKED, but only with high vccio / sa on auto, i manually used 1.15 vccio / 1.2 sa before.
Voltages 3500mhz-min.jpg

Dont know if my Ramsticks are crappy or whats the reason i cant get the frequency higher, even tho its Samsung b-die.
Im on "stock" 3200mhz again on 14-14-28 and used auto rtl/io this time, switched all the third timings back to auto, and now the latency went from 42 to 46.

@Woomack Since you are a really experienced RAM - Overclocker, would you be so kind and take a look over my RAM-Settings and tell me what to improve?
I could send you the bios pic´s here, so it can help others with my Ramkit or do it via PM ?

I have no idea how your motherboard works with higher frequency RAM. Even if it's Samsung B then not all are equal.
If you can't make it boot at 3600 16-16-16 1.35-1.40V then it won't really work stable. VCCIO/SA at this clock should be still low or at auto. If it can't boot then check at CL17-17-17 or 18-18-18 and you will have your answer. If you make it boot at more relaxed timings then probably memory can't run at CL16.

There is barely any difference between 3200 CL14 and 3600 CL16 so if you are using your PC for typical work, games and other things like that then I would just leave it at 3200 CL14 when you know it runs stable.

Okay, so i know my mainboard or ram wont post at 3600 mhz 1.4 v on either of those timings, im at 3400 15-15-36 @1.4v cr2, the only thing i would like is to improve latency now, the trfc is on 370 (320 wont boot) the cycle is on max 65535.
Could you guys give me a little guide which sub / third timings i can tweak to lower my latency?

Thx :)

The easy way is usually to run memory at auto/spd settings, read what you have at 2133 and use the same timings at 3200+. Can check some other frequencies too but auto with disabled XMP sets standard timings for the memory at 2133 (at least for these Samsungs) what usually is tight enough and well matched. It can be tricky as sometimes single timings don't want to work so you can check how high can you go with these auto/spd timings. I mean check them at 2666, 2800, 3000, 3200, ...
It's hard to give any more detailed advice as it would take a lot of time to go one by one and for sure something won't work. Some of the timings have to match others. Like twCL has to be equal or lower than the CL or it won't boot. tRFC usually can be 280+ but when you already tested it works at 370 then it's fine.

Back