• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kstil

After a long time using only laptops for work and limited gaming, it's time for a new PC.

Please advise on the following setup:

NZXT H710 Black
Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0)
Ryzen 9 3900X
Noctua NT-H2
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 Processor Cooler
Corsair Force MP600 1TB
HDD WD black 4TB
Palit GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GRP
G.SKILL TRIDENTZ RGB SERIES DDR4 16GB 3200 MHZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX
Seasonic Prime Ultra 750W Platinum

all comments are welcome !

Last edited:
Where did you find a Ryzen 9 3900X? I've only found them for rip-off pricing at Newegg for $1,200 and Amazon $800 from 3rd party sellers, and on ebay for $800. My local Microcenter has been out of stock for a while but they were selling them at the standard $500 retail price. AMD has none in stock for online ordering either.

According to the AMD Ryzen 9 3900X specifications, that processor already comes with a Wraith Prism with RGB LED cooler. These are great coolers even with mild to moderate overclocking. And with your selected case and its included 3 x 120mm and 1 x 140mm fans, it provides excellent air flow and great noise suppression too. So you don't need to waste your money on a 3rd party cooler.

I don't see an OS license listed. New computers need their own licenses unless you have an extra, unused, full "retail" license laying around. OEM licenses from another computer are not "legally" transferable to new computers under any circumstances. The money you save by going with the Wraith cooler will almost cover a new W10 license.

Unless you find a really good deal on the "Platinum" certified PSU, I would go for "Gold". And note even when I pad the results by bumping up CPU and computer Utilization and gaming times, and adding a Blu-Ray drive, as seen here, your power demands are less than 520W. This means you can easily get by with a quality 650W Gold supply and still have a nice chunk of wiggle room to spare.

3900x here (in Greece are now in stock for ~500.00 euro)

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Thank you for comments Bill_Bright, I heard that wraith prism is noisy so I prefer to go for a good aftermarket air cooler (as I personally think that AIO is a waste of money).
Seasonic Prime Ultra 750W Titanium is only 30 euros more so i think I will go for that.
I am considering to change all my fans to Thermaltake Pure 12 ARGB Sync Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition (3-Fan Pack) X 2 (all 120mm 3 intake front, 1 exhaust back, 2 exhaust top), that will add another 82.00 euros, and I am going to laser cut my front panel for some more airflow (I am not sure about the design yet... maybe something simple like this https://medium.com/@rodrigoatprism/...thoo-evolv-atx-case-for-air-flow-5aec40fe0793...)
I will change the msi x trio GPU with Palit GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GRP that is going to save me 90.00 euro
Also changed my RAM to G.SKILL TRIDENTZ RGB SERIES DDR4 16GB 3200 MHZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX (cl14 will be better than cl16).
As far as windows 10 pro licence I did not included it as that will be a cost for any build I am going to do and has nothing to add or subtrack from my build
Grand Total here 2.150.00 euro + VAT.

I am only thinking if 16gb of RAM will be OK or if I should go with 32gb straight away.

Last edited:
Seasonic Prime Ultra 750W Titanium is only 30 euros more so i think I will go for that.
Just note that you will never ever make up that cost difference through efficiency. Unless you are running this machine under load all day and night for longer than it is warrantied, I would stick with a gold or platinum unit and save some cash. There is little point in Titanium outside of bragging rights for most.

kstil said:
I heard that wraith prism is noisy
When it is spinning at full speed, that is true. But for starters, OEM coolers are much quieter than OEM coolers of yesteryear. And as I noted above, the case you selected has excellent cooling so it is unlikely the CPU fan will need to spin up to full speed very often. And as I also noted, that case offers great noise suppression too. It is more likely the GPU and PSU fans, when they ramp up, will be heard over the CPU fan since the graphics card and PSU are mounted directly to the case's outer walls.

Just trying to save you from spending money on something you don't need - since that CPU comes with a capable cooler in the box.
Just note that you will never ever make up that cost difference through efficiency. Unless you are running this machine under load all day and night for longer than it is warrantied, I would stick with a gold or platinum unit and save some cash. There is little point in Titanium outside of bragging rights for most.
I agree but IMO, the same goes for Platinum. The savings in energy costs over a "Gold" supply are just too small and would take years to recoup - unless, as I noted above, you get a really good deal on a Platinum.

It is important to note too higher efficiencies or higher 80 PLUS certifications are do not automatically suggest better quality, reliability or longevity.

I also would say to use the AMD CPU cooler it works well and is quiet unless overclocking.

Last edited:
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W Gold s really cheap here but i dont know if t is any good
Seasonic Prime Ultra 650 Gold is only 10 euros more
Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold

I have seen temp comparisons with wraith prism and DRP 4 and the difference is between 12-15 degrees celcius, I think that performance wise the 3900x needs to stay as cool as possible in order to perform, so I believe its not a big deal ti invest in 80.00 euros in a 2.000+ build

Last edited:
Why did you delete that in the post above?

Anyway, what changes are there which you feel make it better.. or what is actually different? Feels like a teaser....... lol!

We posted at close to the same time and the PSU information I posted was also for you to see.

Seasonic Focus GX
"Seasonic’s engineers have implemented a new design feature, where instead of cables; the back panel and the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) are connected by a copper plate. This breakthrough solution not only lowers the chance of production errors during manual insertion but it also improves output power quality."

"In 2019, Seasonic engineers have made improvements on the popular series, removing the inline capacitors on the supplied cables. Besides the small change in the series naming, the PSU housing and its packaging are also updated to be in line with the concept of the OneSeasonic Initiative."

I have the newly released Seasonic Focus GX 550w Gold
While 550W is technically enough, it leaves little room for any expansion. Plus it means the PSU will be utilized closer to its maximum output and that could result in the cooling fan spinning faster most of the time - thus creating more noise.

I think 650W is a good size. Enough headroom to keep the fan spinning slower (or not at all) but also enough headroom for a couple extra sticks of RAM or another drive without having to worry about having enough power.

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W Gold is really cheap here but i dont know if t is any good- it is really cheap here !!!!

Last edited:
I have the newly released Seasonic Focus GX 550w Gold

While 550W is technically enough, it leaves little room for any expansion. Plus it means the PSU will be utilized closer to its maximum output and that could result in the cooling fan spinning faster most of the time - thus creating more noise.

I think 650W is a good size. Enough headroom to keep the fan spinning slower (or not at all) but also enough headroom for a couple extra sticks of RAM or another drive without having to worry about having enough power.

My PC only uses at full load 345 watts at the wall, so less watts at 80% efficiency.

I will go for EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 it is on offer right now for 100.00 euro same as seasonic 650w

I think my new build is ready, will start ordering parts tomorrow !!!!

I will post pics while building and final build !

Last edited:
Back