• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with water Cooling loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Naala

Registered
Hey Everyone!

I have read most stick's on various forums and researched a lot about most parts Ive looked at but i am still a little confused about some things

like the pump Ive looked at Hydor L30 II 1200 L/ph 240V like the name say it requires 240v but my research say that a PSU only give 12v was very little
information on that part might missed it tho PSU i have is a CORSAIR HX 750W 80+ SILVER..
so how to use that pump? some reviews say a controller is included but nothing if it transform the 12v from psu to 240v :s

also is that pump more reliable and have better performance then Alphacool TPP644 Laing D4? or do you know a better pump that is "The ultimate" pump to recommend?

i am going for a silent build meaning water cooling Everything Mobo. ram. gpu, cpu so Ive gone for the Coolgate Quad 140mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger Radiator
in the bottom compartment and a Coolgate Single 120mm in the top of my TJ11 and maybe dual loop if that is not enough what do you think?

the reviews on those rads ive read say that they are good for low - medium fans or do you know anything that would cool better?

also which tubes would be best 1/2 or 1/4" the smaller one in my math would be more flow restraint but i can be wrong? i have thought of going 1/2 unless you recommend otherwise.

Sorry for a long post but i wanted to give as much information to you as possible which makes it easier for you to respond more accurate.

Best regards Naala

Welcome to OCF.

This is 10 years old but a a review of several pumps including the Hydor L30 with P/Q curves and an mcp600 (? Laing D4). Here is review of the pump in a kit with more photos from here at OCF: http://www.overclockers.com/asetek-waterchill-watercooling-kit/

The photos shows it eventually hooks into the wall socket thus the 110/240v. Most modern water-cooling pumps used in the US connect directly into the 12v PSU.

What is your pump budget and what are the rest of your components?

It's easy to recommend the mcp35x as the best water-cooling pump IMO but it's more than 2x what the Hydor costs. You may be able to get by with an OEM Jingway, here sold by Phobya. It is reviewed at Skinnee Labs.

It's hard to pick up the information in the stickies with one read, so please take your time and enjoy the library. The link to OCF water-cooling stickies (Ultimate Water Cooling Thread) is also in my signature. Just start at the top with Hokiealumnus' sticky and work your way down. The answer to your tubing questions is in there and most learn better reading it than having me tell you what I use or like. Good luck. Others will be by. :)

Welcome to OCF.

This is 10 years old but a a review of several pumps including the Hydor L30 with P/Q curves and an mcp600 (? Laing D4). Here is review of the pump in a kit with more photos from here at OCF: http://www.overclockers.com/asetek-waterchill-watercooling-kit/

The photos shows it eventually hooks into the wall socket thus the 110/240v. Most modern water-cooling pumps used in the US connect directly into the 12v PSU.

What is your pump budget and what are the rest of your components?

It's easy to recommend the mcp35x as the best water-cooling pump IMO but it's more than 2x what the Hydor costs. You may be able to get by with an OEM Jingway, here sold by Phobya. It is reviewed at Skinnee Labs.

It's hard to pick up the information in the stickies with one read, so please take your time and enjoy the library. The link to OCF water-cooling stickies (Ultimate Water Cooling Thread) is also in my signature. Just start at the top with Hokiealumnus' sticky and work your way down. The answer to your tubing questions is in there and most learn better reading it than having me tell you what I use or like. Good luck. Others will be by. :)

Awsome thanks for the reply got some more to read now hehe

my budget on just the pump is 81 euro / 106 USD. for all WC items im planning around 467 Euro / 610 USD but price dont really matter.

not sure which components you mean so i say them all.

Rest of water cooling components:

Radiator: Coolgate quad 140mm
Reservoir: Swiftech MCRES-Micro Reservoir Rev2
Cpu block: Swiftech Apogee HD
Gpu block: not decided yet same for ram and mobo.

hardware to be cooled:

Motherboard: Rampage IV Extreme.
Cpu: I7-3820 (will be uppgraded to either 3960x or wait for the bunch that comes 2013)
GPU: dual XFX 7950 (overclocked)
Ram: BallistiX Elite 2400mhz 64 GB

You don't need to cool the ram or the mobo. Few except sponsored system builders do it. There is no viable reason to do it, you get no overclocking gains unless your to the point of bunring things up for extreme overclocks, and I mean extreme world class folks, and then they just use Ln2 anyway.

Your rad, CPU block and res are good choices. You need to look at modern trouble free pumps though. You 'DO' know how big that rad is?

Hang out, read this post, especially the top text, it's what works for many. Take your time, it's not complicated, it just has a lot of bits of knowledge to learn first.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

You don't need to cool the ram or the mobo. Few except sponsored system builders do it. There is no viable reason to do it, you get no overclocking gains unless your to the point of bunring things up for extreme overclocks, and I mean extreme world class folks, and then they just use Ln2 anyway.

Your rad, CPU block and res are good choices. You need to look at modern trouble free pumps though. You 'DO' know how big that rad is?

Hang out, read this post, especially the top text, it's what works for many. Take your time, it's not complicated, it just has a lot of bits of knowledge to learn first.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

Thank you for your response seems i now has A LOT more to read which is fun :)

Yeah i know how big it is but Silverstone has confirmed in a that it will fit

"The TJ11 also has a bigger lower compartment than the TJ07 to house the largest radiator available such as Hardware Labs Black Ice® SR1 560 (4 x 140mm). "
only difference Ive seen of those two are that the one i want is thicker i haven't bought any of the items yet
and im waiting on the case to come ordered it a week ago then ill measure it my self just to make sure if it dont fit ill go with a smaller one. id prefer one big hidden rad then several minor ones.

About what you said about "modern trouble free pumps" is that covered in those links you posted if not can you give an example what to look for?

Thanks again for your reply ill go and BOOKmark now and read ^^

Great, the pumps we use in modern times will become evident. And as you read MANY posts here you'll see what we use.

Once you have enough posts. make a sig like mine but for what stuff you have and what your plans are. I don't like having to constantly reread the first post to figure that out. I think it's 5 posts.

Back