• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mark2kay

Registered
i got a problem ill be playing games and the game will just freeze and ull hear this weird noize i har with all games i play.note it usually freezes after a while of game playing 2-3 hours.im usinbg a amd xp 1800 with 318 pc 133 ram.go gig hard drive and nvidia tnt2 32 meg. id ont know what to do

ps i know my vid cards limitations(i tryed morrowmind,uhhhhhh never again)im plying simple game a game called pristontale afree onling mmorpg.eng.pristontale.com

i tryed detonator drivers still same prob but i can play more games

Are you overclocked? If yes, go back to defaults and try running. It sounds like you have an overheating problem that is barely on the edge. You could try removing the computer cover and see if it helps. If it does you know you have a case airflow problem.

when i restart my temps in bios r only 109.plus with my board k7s5a u cant sett the cpu to 133 and ram at 100 whn u do pge up and down in bios that option just not there all other combos weird.i

Download a temp monitoring program and a burn-in program and see what temps you are getting but it really sounds like you are overheating your system.

Do a Google search for Motherboard Monitor 5, and then after you get that one look for Prime95 or SiSoft Sandra.

MBM will monitor temps and voltages, Prime95 loads the cpu up at 100% very well (drive temp up like during a game) and Sandra benches the system and has a BurnIn app that does ok- not as well as Prime95 though.

i used si sandra my temps are 102.why do i freeze maks no sense

how r u monitoring your temps? Find MBM and set it up correctly then burn in.

i just told ya si sandra.mbm dont seem to work it asks 4 lots of crap i dont know.i jusr glitched again while just watching a damn movie.

im gonna run in 100/100 for a while n c what hppens

This is MBM Please DL and install it, read the directions to set it up correctly. Then report to us what your temps are.

Checking temps in BIOS is extremely unreliable.

Then DL and install SiSoft Sandra. Nothing to setup, just run the burn in program to tell yoiu/us how your temps are under stress.

Please remember that you will not be able to fix your problem unless you try to fix it. Sometimes in order to fix problems you have to learn a new program. Its not that hard. This seems like an easy problem to fix.

Back