• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here is my New 3000 series GPU Thread. Post Here so we can Drool.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There we go!

How loud is she? Comparable to other FE blower style cards?

I didn't have much time yesterday to do anything with it. Got it installed, installed fresh drivers (ran DDU prior to uninstalling my 1080 just to be safe), installed EVGA PX1 and used their OC scanner tool. I think it bumped the boost clock to around 450 from 250? I'd have to go back to check. I'm curious to see what type of scores I get at otherwise stock settings in various benchmarks with my 4770k being the limiting factor.

I've seen some instances of humans having issues even after driver, usually when core goes beyond 2ghz

3090 Trinity came today woot. Tested one game so far, my favorite of all time, Audiosurf 2. Gets ~120 fps in 4k with AA max, graphics max, all of that. Idle at 45c, load at 73c. Core gets to 1,920 mhz and memory gets to 9752mhz. Going to do firestrike soon to see how it stacks up.

xIEroWy.jpg

GedzHgX.jpg

Looks too short, they need to make em longer.
Seriously, does it even fit into atx cases?

Congrats to you Culbrelai:cheers::cheers:

Thx.

Tested a few other things. Firestrike (free version) gets ~15000 total score. Probably low because my CPU got un-overclocked when I updated the bios and I haven't got round to redoing it.

Also my favorite personal benchmark game, Crysis 2, at 4k gets 65 fps locked at only around 55% GPU usage. I have vsync off and it still won't go higher than 65 fps. It's set to "use application setting" in Nvidia control panel too. Humm. I wonder if at 55% GPU usage I get 65 fps, at 100% would I get 130 or near? Fascinating stuff.

I didn't have much time yesterday to do anything with it. Got it installed, installed fresh drivers (ran DDU prior to uninstalling my 1080 just to be safe), installed EVGA PX1 and used their OC scanner tool. I think it bumped the boost clock to around 450 from 250? I'd have to go back to check. I'm curious to see what type of scores I get at otherwise stock settings in various benchmarks with my 4770k being the limiting factor.

How much was it?

How much was it?

The cost? I paid MSRP ($700+tax) from best buy, so like $750 thereabouts.

Played some Civ6 last night (maxed out settings... but it's not like it is strenuous in a turn-based game) and the fan would spin up occasionally when the GPU got to around 70C (everything on Auto) is when I could actually hear the fan. I imagine I could set a fan target a little below that threshold and keep it quieter and cool enough but will have to mess with it.

Going to try to play some COD:MW campaign tonight if I have time or maybe BFV.

Update, My 3090 does +200 on the core with basically no change in temperature or audible fan noise. Haven't tried any higher yet, i'm afraid to be disappointed lol.

My question is, what cores are you overclocking with Afterburner? Only Cuda cores get overclocked? Is it possible to overclock Tensor and RT cores?

Update, My 3090 does +200 on the core with basically no change in temperature or audible fan noise. Haven't tried any higher yet, i'm afraid to be disappointed lol.

My question is, what cores are you overclocking with Afterburner? Only Cuda cores get overclocked? Is it possible to overclock Tensor and RT cores?
I belive they are all in the same clock domain. Performance goes up on all when overclocking anyway...

I belive they are all in the same clock domain. Performance goes up on all when overclocking anyway...

Interesting.

Tried +300 and TimeSpy crashes. Oof.

Did Unigene Superposition 4k optimized performance bench and I get 16,971 which seems to be average or slightly above based on https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/msi_rtx_3090_gaming_x_trio_review/19

and
Just flashed to Gigabyte OC BIOS which apparently allows for 390w. I can do lower clocks now (+45 core and 250 mem) but my average clock is higher according to Timespy tests. This is with max power limit and +50 offset to voltage.

With these reduced clocks the same superposition bench gets to 17,082... What? Average clocks really matter it seems. I guess +165 to core didn't matter lmao.

Next I tried maxing it. +100 voltage, max power limit, +175 core +250 memory. Seems stable. Seeing some great results.

From what I've seen high end STRIX and FTW3s get about 22k score so. For a savings of $400 I'll take it.

Question is, is it safe to run this 24/7, extra voltage and power and all. Bit scary with a $1,500 part.

Sorry, that'll be the last of me going off topic.

TL:DR

Gigabyte vBIOS rocks, Zotac one sucks.

Last edited:
I got my MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC on tuesday, came in the day before my birthday, My system is finally finished and I can fully enjoy it :)

Back