• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here is my New 3000 series GPU Thread. Post Here so we can Drool.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Best buy had a drop yesterday at 3pm est. Newegg, if following a pattern maybe tonight around 8-9pm

Juts got mine today. I have a feeling that with stock rising this thread will boom.

New pic from Modern Warfare. I thought this one was cool with the fog all over. I'm starting to see the difference in WOW big time from the 970. I was flying over a location I last went over with my 970 and the trees were amazing looking. I tried to leave the photo full size so you can see it in all it's glory but had to shrink it some. I'm still playing with the settings but wow, just crazy quality. You can clearly see the hair on the arm even! Also realized yesterday I didn't even have ray tracing on in WOW so oops. I'll see if I can get a pic of the next Shadowlands pre-patch boss raid up. They are pure chaos with probably 100+ people all attacking the same boss and the card handles it no sweat.

View attachment ModernWarfare_2020_11_13_19_50_02_200.bmp

I'm gonna play the waiting game till after the holidays. I might treat myself to a 3080 on my b'day in January. Dam car accident this past june really ate my spare funds I was saving up for an upgrade. If I can't reach the 3080, maybe a nice 2080ti might be a better buy for me. I game at 1440 on a 32" screen anyways.

I'm gonna play the waiting game till after the holidays. I might treat myself to a 3080 on my b'day in January. Dam car accident this past june really ate my spare funds I was saving up for an upgrade. If I can't reach the 3080, maybe a nice 2080Ti might be a better buy for me. I game at 1440 on a 32" screen anyways.
The only time I found a sub $500 2080Ti was at the very beginning of this release. People were dumping their 2080tis for sub $500 in anticipation of them plummeting in value on 3070/3080 release. But once evidence of light stock and the bots buying inventory came to light that price bounced up to over $700-800 locally. I wish I was able to snag one.

I am willing to bet a 3060Ti or 3070 would be the best sub $500 upgrade.

I bought my 3080 Gaming Trio for $750, why would someone pay $200 more for a slower card?

I'm gonna play the waiting game till after the holidays. I might treat myself to a 3080 on my b'day in January. Dam car accident this past june really ate my spare funds I was saving up for an upgrade. If I can't reach the 3080, maybe a nice 2080ti might be a better buy for me. I game at 1440 on a 32" screen anyways.

I game at the same resolution, but ultrawide and am very happy with my 3070. Not saying when EVGA sends me my step up notice I won't upgrade to the 3080, but I won't be sad if I never get a notification.

3070 don't seem to be that hard to come by. I put in a notification on EVGA and got notified 3-4 days later. Granted, I put the notification in around a minute after they released so that may have had something to do with it.

It would be nice if anyone had any of these cards in stock. I havent seen any actual stock on a 3080 since it was released.

I have seen them in stock a few times. You literally have to be ready to go when they show up. Credit card, billing and shipping info should all be preloaded.

I remember I was screaming at a friend through text that Newegg had multiple 3070s. He didn't get one.

I also still have my name in the line at EVGA. Maybe I will get lucky twice? Probably get it and then sell it to a friend for what it cost me.

It would be nice if anyone had any of these cards in stock. I havent seen any actual stock on a 3080 since it was released.
I've posted in multiple threads where to look to get in stock notifications. They are happening in various places almost every day of the week. But you have to know when/where to look and even then be lucky. I could have bought probably 20 cards by now if I wasn't being picky on brand/model.

Back