• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Higher GPU/VRAM OC w/ AF & AA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steve75382

Disabled
I have a Ti 4200, and until recently was only able to hit 300 on the core, and 594 on the memory from stock speeds of 250/500. I moved my stuff into a new case and was messing around with OCing stuff, then I thought about my Ti 4200. I previously had 4XAA and 2XAF on while doing this (with quality settings on Intellisample), and I was surprised I managed to hit a new OC of 311/621. I then just remembered about the AF and AA settings, turned them off, and tried to go for a higher OC. I did, ran 3D Mark, immediate lockups, so eventually I lowered the OC to what I had before (300/594). Putting AA and AF back on (8X and 4XS), I got my increased OC back, with 100% stability. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It seems pretty weird.

It would lock up at about 156 FPS in Game 1 about 5 seconds into it. With AF and AA on, it would average at around 35-40 (17 lowest, 79 highest). Maybe too much FPS overloads my GPU... Although I've gotten to 300+ FPS, I don't see why.

Back