• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

horrible rma experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danman4734

my asus rampage iii extreme motherboard stop posting one day so after some troubleshooting i decided to rma it since it was still under warranty. but then after a week of no response for asus about my rma i began calling asus service everyday to try to find out why i havent heard anything about my rma finally someone emailed me for asus informing me that the motherboard had a seriously damaged corner and they will not fix it. they attacted a photo of the damaged corner in the email. i emailed them back stating that when i packed the motherboard it had no such damage and i had proof because as per advice on overclock.net ( which i am a member of) i took several pictures of the motherboard as i was packing it. so then they told me that it was somehow damaged in shipping and they would charge me $280 to fix it. but in order to damage the motherboard as they showed in the picture the package and packing material would have to be severely damaged and they would not have accepted it in the first place. because of this im going out tweet, facebook,email,blog,youtube,and post many times on my forum overclockers.com and join some others forums as well in oder to make as many people as possible aware of this experience

Yes, shouting this story very loud will probably help you in this situation and you will have a refound .....

You took shipping insurance ? If yes, since you have pictures of you packing the board WITHOUT damage, the compani who shipped it will have to pay for the MB.

/thread.

I know we mostly hear about bad experiences, DOA products, and other negative experiences more than positive ones but darned if I've ever seen anything good about Asus RMA. It's a shame because they do make good boards and have some special feature sets that make them nice, but with RMA like that what's the point of even having a warranty? It makes me really hesitant to buy an Asus board or any other product for that matter.

one time I had a bent socket pin on my 775 maximus extreme (first good ddr3 board/ROG) and asus fixed that sucker free of charge, BUT 2 years later i had a maximus 3 formula with a cap that had come unsoldered and they refused to rma and wanted to charge more then retail to fix it. I kindly said f**k off and fixed it myself. over the years their rma service has severely deteriorated and it makes us all reconsider giving them our money in the future

Yes, shouting this story very loud will probably help you in this situation and you will have a refound .....

You took shipping insurance ? If yes, since you have pictures of you packing the board WITHOUT damage, the compani who shipped it will have to pay for the MB.

/thread.
Seems like ASUS isnt at fault here. :thup:

if he took pictures of the board being packed, and was properly packed, then it seems that Asus may be trying to pull one over to sidestep the warranty (not sure thats the case- as it could well be a board mixup- with them thinking someone elses board is his). I have a fair experience and a horrendous one with asus.

My couple of experiences with Asus RMA have not been very good at all.

I wouldn't doubt it if Asus were trying to pull one over since I've seen/heard of this happening with Tablets/ laptops where Asus sent identical pictures to two separate people for the same issue/same piece of hardware.

Seems like ASUS isnt at fault here. :thup:

50/50 Shipper/Asus IMO.

Asus should have refused to accept the package if, as the op states, it was correctly packaged as there would have been a considerable amount of damage to the box.

50/50 Shipper/Asus IMO.

Asus should have refused to accept the package if, as the op states, it was correctly packaged as there would have been a considerable amount of damage to the box.

You think a single man receive and open the box then process the RMA ? I'm sorry but in every big companie, the guy who received the box probably received a TONS of other box that were then transfered internally to the RMA dept. Maybe there, the guy who process the RMA should have contacted the shipping companie and the OP. Yes, Asus could have done something in the process but not 50/50 ... its mostly the company who shipped the item that are in fault and should be blamed.

OP ... you paid for a shipping insurance ?

If no, it's usually a ~100$ value free insurance with any shipment, for more you need to pay.

so far ive email every branch of asus about this many many companies that sell asus products as well as companies that review asus products like maximum pc magazine and ive heard back from aloooottt of companies and people willing to help me make asus realize that im not taking this laying down. just today maximum pc magazine emailed me about this and ask for my rma info so they can contact asus about it. i might be a single end user but im going to make big waves and flood the internet with my asus rma experience :comp:

here some info on the asus rma repair facility in Indiana

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

Pegatron Corporation, Inc.
Phone: (877) 375-1065
View Additional Phone Numbers
121 River Ridge Circle, Jeffersonville , IN 47130
View Additional Web Addresses

On a scale of A+ to F
Reason for Rating
BBB Ratings System Overview

*************Sung Han's V.P. @ pegatron****************

Current
VP Business Development at Pegatron
Past
COO at ASI
VP Operations at ASUS
Connections
78 connections
Sung Han's Experience

VP Business Development
Pegatron
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing industry
March 2011 – Present (2 years 2 months)

COO
ASI
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Marketing and Advertising industry
August 2007 – July 2009 (2 years)

VP Operations
ASUS
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; 2357; Computer Hardware industry
March 2000 – December 2008 (8 years 10 months)

• Developed and implemented KPI “Key Performance Indicators” to organization to ensure reaching objectives.
• Initiated six sigma deployment
• Developed and implemented service schedules, systems, and procedures to assure delivery of quality, cost-efficient technical services.
• Evaluated and opened 300,000 square foot service and logistics center in central state.
• Monitored effective working relationships with external credentialing factory and engineering groups overseas, linking management to meet shared objectives.
• Formulated and improved customer’s (i.e. Sony, Dell, HP, IBM) technical and logistic required specifications.
• Revamped and optimized repair process to improve 50% TAT improvement for customers including HP and Sony.
• Supported and guided key management team to maximized customer satisfaction by consistently meeting or exceeding on-time performance target.

You think a single man receive and open the box then process the RMA ? I'm sorry but in every big companie, the guy who received the box probably received a TONS of other box that were then transfered internally to the RMA dept. Maybe there, the guy who process the RMA should have contacted the shipping companie and the OP. Yes, Asus could have done something in the process but not 50/50 ... its mostly the company who shipped the item that are in fault and should be blamed.

Putting words in my mouth?
I think so....

Yes a single person will sign for the shipment regardless of how many parcels are on the shipment list.
On the HHT or document the person signs to confirm the shipment list it will state that the parcels are undamaged and in an acceptable condition.
This is standard practice for any shipping service and non-negotiable.

Maybe the parcel was undamaged by the shipper but was damaged while @ Asus.

Thus,
Parcel was packed correctly
Parcel was shipped
Parcel was delivered by shipper
Parcel was signed for by Asus, confirming shipment is undamaged.
Asus state item is damaged
Asus is 100% at fault.

Unless the OP is telling big fat porkies about why he RMA'd the mobo ;)

I was reading somewhere that NewEgg did someone wrong and the person took to facebook and twitter and NewEgg finally relented and refunded or fixed his product,I can't remember exactly...I am sure ASUS has a Facebook account..

As a note, the BBB is bloody useless. As long as the company has paid their BBB dues they will not be found against.

I will first agree that it is useless, but the rest is not true at all. I was the Customer Service Manager of a large lawn care company (TruGreen) branch and we dealt with them ALL the time. Let me tell you, paying does not keep the rating up...

You should do a better job mowing lawns then :D

My claim against a laptop repair company that took a (@&#%* DIE GRINDER to my motherboard was found in their favor, no impact in rating.

Trugreen fertilizes/weed control etc, they do not mow (residential) last I was there, LOL!

One bad rating does not automatically knock you down. Its based off of a percentage IIRC.

I've only dealt with Asus rma once and it was a good experience. It was for a P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi. The board was brand new and worked great then it just died. I had a new board from them in 2 weeks. I bought my ddr2 rampage formula from a member here, I think it was an Asus rma, I recall it taking like a month for him to get it after him jumping thru hoops. I've heard of all kinds of bad experiences and am thankful I didn't have to deal with those headaches

I will first agree that it is useless, but the rest is not true at all. I was the Customer Service Manager of a large lawn care company (TruGreen) branch and we dealt with them ALL the time. Let me tell you, paying does not keep the rating up...

You guys killed my dandilions 2 years ago and I am still POed:D

Back