• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

horrible rma experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So glad Im out of that position. Its part of the reason Im such an ******* as stupid people then have worn me down to dealing with stupid people now. Forums are not the place for me I have decided... :p

Reading the other posts about Asus RMA, I think I'm seeing some kind of pattern although there's not enough examples to truly say...anyway, it seems like recently released boards are able to be 'fixed' - possibly even with a refurb replacement - while older boards are more likely to have RMA problems. That makes me think Asus doesn't do a good job of managing their replacement stock to cover their actual warranty lengths and if so it must come down to money since stocking old boards is a capital sink.

I used to be loyal to Asus for many years. While I still look at many of there motherboards and think I would like to have one I do not purchase anything from them after my own RMA experiences in 2009-2010. I have since been using other companies for my parts. Only thing I have left is my dvd burner from 2009 purchase.

Without to much detail and whining I found there phone techs to lack knowledge and have almost a superiority complex attitude. I will never be the cause of Asus going under but I would rather spend elsewhere than be treated poorly when I have a problem.

hello my fellow overclockers. so after weeks of spreading my story of how asus handled my rma and complaining to every forum that i could think of , also companies like newegg, maximum pc magazine, best-buy, Facebook, twitter, the bbb, and emailing executives at asus and several other places yesterday i received my refurb asus rampage III extreme mobo in the mail yesterday. YAY ME so it seems that if you have a problem with asus rma and if you got the time, complain loud enough to everyone you can think of and asus will here you and will do something about it ( atleast in my case they did ) either way the point is don't stay shut and except it no company likes bad publicity

hello my fellow overclockers. so after weeks of spreading my story of how asus handled my rma and complaining to every forum that i could think of , also companies like newegg, maximum pc magazine, best-buy, Facebook, twitter, the bbb, and emailing executives at asus and several other places yesterday i received my refurb asus rampage III extreme mobo in the mail yesterday. YAY ME so it seems that if you have a problem with asus rma and if you got the time, complain loud enough to everyone you can think of and asus will here you and will do something about it ( atleast in my case they did ) either way the point is don't stay shut and except it no company likes bad publicity

Glad to hear you got it straight..I know if I had a problem and it was ignored I would raise wholly hell..

Let me know how that ends cuz im in the middle of my 2nd RMA with asus and its like hell
First rma they work on it and its posted on the site that product is " fixed" but
When i het it back i got the same problem that i had when i sent it in
Now waiting on then to fix it all tho im not confident
So can anyone give me some phone numbers i could call ?

I was reading somewhere that NewEgg did someone wrong and the person took to facebook and twitter and NewEgg finally relented and refunded or fixed his product,I can't remember exactly...I am sure ASUS has a Facebook account..

I did that with Newegg not to long ago, like last month or two, and got them to finally replace my brand new Rampage IV extreme after posting to Newegg's Facebook page. There is a bit of difference here, my board was new and had been sent back to Newegg for a Ram slot issue, Newegg denied my RMA due to bent CPU pins, of which neither shipping would have damaged, nor were any damaged before the original RMA, I have photos to prove that. Unfortunately that is major love lost for Newegg, and I can easily use my Prime account with amazon to do my shopping with faster shipping.

Back