• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how hot can my barton go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

......I can't seem to find a legitament site that tells me how hot I can run my Barton at......I think it is 85celcius but I am not sure.....can someone clarify.....thanks :)

That 85C is the core temp (internal diode), so don't compare it to your temp if you're looking at the cpu surface temp. The internal diode is generally 10 - 20C higher than what the surface temp is.

I think your going about it all wrong treepop. You should never worry about the max temp of your chip. If your worrying about reacing its max temp, then you need to revaluate your cooling solution. Both Top Hat and Captain Hilts are right in what they said.

I am running at 50-53 celcius on idle and I haven't really pushed it to see how hot I can get it....as you can see in my sig...I am using the Cooler Master XDream HAC-V81 for my heatsink and fan sollution.....so that preaty good I only have one case fan though so you think thats maybe the reason it's so hot?

almost always at aorund 125 farinheit if that helps :).....I just put it in and I heard it has to settle so it might get better...I hope so atleast....also I am usen artic silver 3 as my thermal grease...I think thats the best...thanks for the help again:)

I'm not familiar with the heatsink that you're using but I think that 53C idle is pretty hot, even with one case fan, it is hot. I think you should take all the wires out of the way so the case looks clean and neat, also consider getting better HSF solution, something in the lines of ThermalTake SK-7 with a 80mm 50CFM fan. that will cool your new CPU much better than the heatsink you're running. also consider adding more case fans

whats a good heatsink fan solutinon at frys(I hate waiting :))...also I think my fan is 80cm.....I think either it's cause I have a barton..or it may be my board telling me incorrect readings....what you think?

here are my heatsink fan specs...
Fan Dimension: 80 x 80 x 25 mm
Rated Speed: 2500~4800 rpm
Air Flow: 31.4~62.8 CFM
Rated Voltage: 12 VDC
Adjustable Voltage Rate: 7~13.2 VDC
Heat Sink Dimension: 80 x 69 x 45 mm

Back