• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long has your loop been running

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nimrod0031

Just out of curiosity how long have you all left your loops while only adding water now and then?

Im currently at 1 year 3 months with my longest stent just over 2 years.

I'm at a year... Needs broken down though if only.to clean the fins on my rad. Otherwise, coolant is clear and good! (Distilled and ptnuke).

A little over 2 years.
Due for tube replacement and a full doll up very soon.
Distilled and Copper Sulfate.

too long (2 years +) have an open RMA to clean the gpu but too lazy to break the loop open. even clogged to the bones, all is good. (no clamps:screwy:) ::knock on wood::

Longest I ran the same fluid in my loop has been just over a year in the past. Now I've had my loop disassembled since sept./oct. now. Can't wait to bring her back. Primochill advanced, distilled water and kill coil with a few sprinkles of deadwater for paranoia's sake. No issues here.

"I haven't had any problems with distilled + PTnuke in mine, and have gone nearly two years straight without a flush now.
In fact, my hardware needs upgrading more so than my coolant. lol!" - Martinsliquidlab

:rofl:

Ive always just used pt nuke and distilled water. I almost went with a coil last time but figured just stick with what worked for me.

Before pt nuke id use antifreeze just a small amount with tecs but tecs aren't really as useful anymore.

Glad to see I'm not the alone running them for extended periods!

My last system, prior to moving. I ran it straight for about 4 years without any issues or any maintenance. I always used distilled water and added some radiator fluid to keep the funk down. No issues. I disassembled the system for the move across county and did not notice and issues with clogging or fowling of rad or any components.

My loop has been running for a year and a half. Distilled water and a silver coil is all I use.

Swiftech MCP35X 12v PWM Controlled Water Pump
- Optional Tank Res
- MCP35X-HS Pump Heatsink
- Yate Loon 80mm x 15mm Fan
Coolgate Quad 120mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger Radiator (CG480) x 2
Koolance CPU-380I Intel Liquid Cooling CPU Block
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 1/2"ID x 3/4" OD - Clear

Cooling two 780s and a 4790K.

Last edited:
my loop has been closed since i think like august last year, and its looking like lt was blessed
by a-an Eskimo medicine man.

but take the advice of people here, they have good experience
dont be like me and buy parts with out consultation
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...upgrade-pics?p=7720092&viewfull=1#post7720092

my tubes ended up being complete ***, so i purchased the ones recommended to me and there crystal to this day

Distilled water and a silver coil is all I use

2 years or so.
it doesnt show any signs of goop or growth at all but i need to pull it apart and get it drained.
Perhaps this spring/summer i will , Just take it out on the deck and drain it less fuss and muss with any water that might spill.
then get to scrubbing tubes and flushing rads

Back