• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many leds in one argb header?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luno papi

Registered
With only one argb header in my b550 mobo, and wanting to connect roughly 75 led’s through cpu and GPU block, fans and reservoir. I mean I can just add a bunch of splitters to do it. But at what point am I overloading this?

There's no simple answer here. You'll need to do some research on your specific motherboard and ARGB strips less.

First, look up your motherboard and determine how many amps your ARGB header can deliver.n this varies widely but should be between 2-5A.

Next, figure out what the amperage draw is of each ARGB strip (or individual diode if you are using the custom length strips). Add up all your strips (diodes) to get a total amperage draw.

Finally, verify the amperage draw is less than the motherboards rated header.

If not you will want to get a SATA powered ARBG controller. There are a variety of types but I prefer the ones that feature the option to connect to your motherboard for ARBG control.

There's no simple answer here. You'll need to do some research on your specific motherboard and ARGB strips less.

First, look up your motherboard and determine how many amps your ARGB header can deliver.n this varies widely but should be between 2-5A.

Next, figure out what the amperage draw is of each ARGB strip (or individual diode if you are using the custom length strips). Add up all your strips (diodes) to get a total amperage draw.

Finally, verify the amperage draw is less than the motherboards rated header.

If not you will want to get a SATA powered ARBG controller. There are a variety of types but I prefer the ones that feature the option to connect to your motherboard for ARBG control.

Thanks I think I might just go the sata powered controller

Back