• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How much RAM does your primary computer have installed? 2013 Version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed?

• < 2 gig (I give my page filing a workout)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - 3.9 gig

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • 4 - 7.9 gig

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • 8 - 15.9 gig

Votes: 131 36.8%
  • 16 - 31.9 gig

Votes: 137 38.5%
  • 32 - 63.9 gig

Votes: 33 9.3%
  • > 64 gig

Votes: 6 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
6GB, still triple channel on X58. Not planning to upgrade until this coming summer.

My original main rig is the same as yours, but today I'm going to build my new main rig for college and it will have 4x4gb sticks so i can rock 16 gigs! Should be fun.

My original main rig is the same as yours, but today I'm going to build my new main rig for college and it will have 4x4gb sticks so i can rock 16 gigs! Should be fun.

I'm actually in the same boat, just waiting until Haswell and possibly the next generation of GPUs to come out to build a new rig for college. :p

I feel ya. I just finished building my college rig today. I'm going to post it on in the build log section soon. Not sure if I'm as patient as you are. I don't want to wait for the next gen of gpus but I don't want to buy the current cards with the next gen in view. And I know the whole tech speech about waiting for the next best thing yada yada yada. Just seems like it would be bad timing on my part.

16Gb was probably a better idea. but i got 32Gb anyway. (so parted 8Gb as a RAMdisk)

:screwy: I dont know why but I had to upgrade the gaming box to 20GB:facepalm: It was a pointless waste!

im at 8gb's but im thinking of knocking that up to 16 in the not so distant future i find myself filling the 8gb's to the roof, mostly because i dont like to close out of programs and i have iso's mouned and stuff like that.

ram ~~ disk ~~ for all those with RAM to spare.
I made one for Web browsing, so I have no web browsing memory.

2x8Gb here. Figured I'd future-proof a bit and from what I've heard it's easier to OC than 4x4Gb. So far so good. :D

Just upgraded to 16GB the other day. A couple classes require VMs, and this way I could RAM at them in hopes of a better grade :D

(plus the fact that I use both Chrome and FF at the same time doesn't help...)

Just upgraded to 16GB the other day. A couple classes require VMs, and this way I could RAM at them in hopes of a better grade :D

(plus the fact that I use both Chrome and FF at the same time doesn't help...)

The hoggiest browser I have seen is Opera followed by Safari.

I had been running mostly 2x4GB or 4x2GB kits since SB was released but in the last quarter of 2012 I picked up some nice binned 4x4GB kits to run with IB.

Attachments

• DDR3-2600 full bank 4x4GB.png
    DDR3-2600 full bank 4x4GB.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 193
I'm running 4x8GB on my current workhorse PC. Got a new LGA 2011 build in the works though and am going to be getting 64GB for sure. 32GB Ram disk ftw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back