• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How much RAM does your primary computer have installed? 2013 Version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed?

• < 2 gig (I give my page filing a workout)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - 3.9 gig

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • 4 - 7.9 gig

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • 8 - 15.9 gig

Votes: 131 36.8%
  • 16 - 31.9 gig

Votes: 137 38.5%
  • 32 - 63.9 gig

Votes: 33 9.3%
  • > 64 gig

Votes: 6 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
The poll is on how much memory your main computer has, that you own and use.

I was going to poll the 1gig of RAM on my tablet. Which is my primary surfing device, but that is not a computer. My TV computer is my main terminal for heavier use. So I went with that.

Last edited:
4x2GB here; initially meant for X79 quad channel. I ditched that build and stuck all 4 sticks in my Z77. 8GB is definitely a lot more than I need...

My first and 2nd rigs both have 8GB of system RAM, while my 3rd rig has only 4GB (for some odd reason, sticking another 2x 2GB DDR2 KHX made my system unOCable.....at all!). I do have a 4th rig which is on loan to my bro, it also has 4GB of RAM.

16GB on my daily driver. I do get low memory errors from time to time but only when i encode and transcode.

I suppose I could go to 32 (I have 4 8GB sticks laying next to me) but in the end not much is gained.

32GB of memory goodness in the main machine.

rhapsody-overclocked-specs-cwm2-275x300.jpg

Then there is 8GB in the testing/benching system right now, 8GB in the HTPC and 4GB in the laptop.

Yes, but we don't have a tablet. :)

(...and really, how much more than 4GB do you need for a web browsing / office lappy?)

Yes, but we don't have a tablet. :)

(...and really, how much more than 4GB do you need for a web browsing / office lappy?)

I know. A 32 bit OS and 2GB is all that is needed. My tablet is overkill but I needed it to have windows to save some cash on Amazon textbook rentals. It saved me money to spend 600 bucks on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back