• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How much RAM does your primary computer have installed? 2013 Version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed?

• < 2 gig (I give my page filing a workout)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - 3.9 gig

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • 4 - 7.9 gig

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • 8 - 15.9 gig

Votes: 131 36.8%
  • 16 - 31.9 gig

Votes: 137 38.5%
  • 32 - 63.9 gig

Votes: 33 9.3%
  • > 64 gig

Votes: 6 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll is on how much memory your main computer has, that you own and use.

Normally in 2013 most mother boards only support 32GB RAM max and Duall Channel or Single channel only and has only 4RAM slots unless you are using a mother board with tripple or quad channel memory support (6 or 8 RAM slots) they will support more than 32GB of RAM (normally these are mother boards for server CPU) (also you need 64Bit windows to be able to use more than 4GB of RAM 32Bit only uses 4GB of RAM no matter if you have more than 16 or 32GB of RAM installed) (64BIT windows supports at least 128GB max of RAM installed on any kind of mother board and virtual memory size support is massive supports more than 1TB)

I have 8GB and only use at the most 4.5GB

If you want to use 8GB or more RAM then you need to install a 64BIt windows supports at least 128GB of RAM while 32Bit windows only supports 4GB RAM max

Normally in 2013 most mother boards only support 32GB RAM max and Duall Channel or Single channel only and has only 4RAM slots unless you are using a mother board with tripple or quad channel memory support (6 or 8 RAM slots) they will support more than 32GB of RAM (normally these are mother boards for server CPU) (also you need 64Bit windows to be able to use more than 4GB of RAM 32Bit only uses 4GB of RAM no matter if you have more than 16 or 32GB of RAM installed) (64BIT windows supports at least 128GB max of RAM installed on any kind of mother board and virtual memory size support is massive supports more than 1TB)

If you want to use 8GB or more RAM then you need to install a 64BIt windows supports at least 128GB of RAM while 32Bit windows only supports 4GB RAM max

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

No, this is the 2013 thread. (I'm working on the next one)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back