• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How much RAM does your primary computer have installed? 2013 Version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed?

• < 2 gig (I give my page filing a workout)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - 3.9 gig

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • 4 - 7.9 gig

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • 8 - 15.9 gig

Votes: 131 36.8%
  • 16 - 31.9 gig

Votes: 137 38.5%
  • 32 - 63.9 gig

Votes: 33 9.3%
  • > 64 gig

Votes: 6 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my humble opinion, 8GB is plenty for a gaming rig. I have 16GB in the machine I do more "work" on as it is sometimes needed for more demanding work. You'll generally have less trouble overclocking 8GB vs. 16GB too.

4GB or 32GB, there is a PF and it is used (clearly less with more ram in most cases). Check out the link I ninja'd in on you. I made those same points a couple weeks ago when that article was posted here. :)

4GB or 32GB, there is a PF and it is used (clearly less with more ram in most cases). Check out the link I ninja'd in on you. I made those same points a couple weeks ago when that article was posted here. :)

I saw the link :thup:

You won't get away from the page file unless you cut it way down, but point is, 4GB limits the system and causes excessive usage of the SSD. Anything more (8GB+) won't.

Yeah... I ran 4GB on an SSD for years... SSD didnt crap out. I think people were overly paranoid about that kind of stuff years ago. These days, it shouldnt even be mentioned, LOL! :p

Been running 32GB in primary rig since x79 came out. RIVE with 32GB Redline.

Run 16GB of 2800 Trident in Haswell build w/ Hero. Extra mem good for RAMDisk.

Sold my PC, so yeah - scratch the 10GB.
Currently have a stick of 1GB DDR2 RAM here.. I miss my Corsair Vengeance so bad.

16GB, in 2x8GB. Originally had 1 stick of 8GB, then a week later got a second to even it out. It was in the time of $34 a stick, so a cheap upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back