• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How much RAM does your primary computer have installed? 2013 Version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed?

• < 2 gig (I give my page filing a workout)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - 3.9 gig

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • 4 - 7.9 gig

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • 8 - 15.9 gig

Votes: 131 36.8%
  • 16 - 31.9 gig

Votes: 137 38.5%
  • 32 - 63.9 gig

Votes: 33 9.3%
  • > 64 gig

Votes: 6 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
16GB, in 2x8GB. Originally had 1 stick of 8GB, then a week later got a second to even it out. It was in the time of $34 a stick, so a cheap upgrade.

I've heard that could still run a bit slow or have issues with since the 2 sticks didn't come in the same package or at least tested to be the most compatible together when running 2 bought separated sticks on dual channel.

I've heard that could still run a bit slow or have issues with since the 2 sticks didn't come in the same package or at least tested to be the most compatible together when running 2 bought separated sticks on dual channel.

Even if they are both the same type? RipJawsX 1600

Great to know. Thanks. Now to see if I can get these things to overclock. Instead of crashing when I put it to 1600. :p

16GB, in 2x8GB. Originally had 1 stick of 8GB, then a week later got a second to even it out. It was in the time of $34 a stick, so a cheap upgrade.
Such prices are probably only possible in the US... i have to pay almost twice.

Such prices are probably only possible in the US... i have to pay almost twice.

Its not that cheap here anymore.

I got my 4x4 kit for ~$60 a while back. Same kit is now $145.

I got my 4x4 kit for ~$60 a while back. Same kit is now $145.

Same here, I bought my RAM for my sig build in december (iirc, perhaps a little earlier) 2012

24GB for $100. The same RAM (two 12GB kits) is now $200.

Sigh.

Same here, I bought my RAM for my sig build in december (iirc, perhaps a little earlier) 2012

24GB for $100. The same RAM (two 12GB kits) is now $200.

Sigh.

I'd blame the factory fire for that and the fact that DDR3 is almost to the finish line. Maybe they're trying to get every penny out of it before the switch to DDR4.

My rig came prebuilt with 6GB's

Yeah prebuit

Oh the shame of not having money to build my own... :rain:

But yeah 6 GB is more than enough for me! :D

Silver_Pharaoh

Main machine has 16, wishing it was 32. I do a lot of work with VMware on this machine and 16gb doesn't go very far. Once you hit the limit, things turn ugly. This is the one I used for the poll since I use it all day every day.

My big laptop has 32GB, but it weighs as much as a small child. I should sell it and buy an ultrabook.
Smaller laptop (Dell M4500) has 16GB, but I rarely use it.

Other machines in the house:
Win2K8 Server has 8GB
A machine I have set up for use as part of a Cisco Lab has 6 Gb Ethernet ports and 12GB of RAM.
A VMWare ESXi test machine has 16GB
Bedroom HTPC has 8GB
Living room HTPC has 4GB
Upstairs HTPC has 4GB
Tablet PC has 8GB

iPad ??? 1MB?

Most of the RAM was bought when it was less expensive. I looked into upgrading my desktop a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe the cost for a 2x16GB @ 1866+. Needless to say I will stick with 16 for a while.

The poll closes at the end of December. I will create a new one at that time, which will allow you to change your vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back