• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to mine VCT(Verticoin)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I was in that boat, but found investing in trading was way more profitable...I can double or triple the mining profits that way, and even got some extra btc from a friend to trade it for him for a fee xD

Teach me! hahaha I'm not doing so well on Polo right now. Down 10% on the week. :bang head

Perhaps I should go to a different exchange...

You can't day trade with small volumes...otherwise it's gambling.

Go and trade litecoin/usd or litecoin/bitcoin, or bitcoin/usd...or darkcoin over at bitfinex.com which has advanced orders for less risk. (darkcoin doesn't have enough volume there so stick to the other pairs, but eventually it will)

Read: http://www.swing-trade-stocks.com/learn-swing-trading.html

Btw: this is completely off topic in a Vertcoin thread. xD

You can't day trade with small volumes...otherwise it's gambling.

Go and trade litecoin/usd or litecoin/bitcoin, or bitcoin/usd...or darkcoin over at bitfinex.com which has advanced orders for less risk. (darkcoin doesn't have enough volume there so stick to the other pairs, but eventually it will)

Read: http://www.swing-trade-stocks.com/learn-swing-trading.html

Btw: this is completely off topic in a Vertcoin thread. xD

is a tad ;) btw Ivan you could start a trading discussion and I'll move these there if you guys wanna take it further

:shrug:

That means the TC is too high I guess..

or I 13 g 2 8192

I tried these settings and got it to work. I'm now humming along at a steady ~265 kh/s getting about .87 vert/day. Does this sound about right for a 280x?

I currently have my card listed for sale online (i was expecting higher hashrates, but i just can't seem to squeeze any more out of this card). Do you think I'd be better off with a 290x, or two 750ti's on n-scrypt? Keep in mind I'm more concerned about hashpower than power consumption, as i have bundled electricity with my living arrangement. Comparing scrypt results from the hardware table, it looks like the 290x is the right choice @ ~1Mh/s (and most likely a higher resale value) but i figure you guys may know something i don't.

I tried these settings and got it to work. I'm now humming along at a steady ~265 kh/s getting about .87 vert/day. Does this sound about right for a 280x?

I currently have my card listed for sale online (i was expecting higher hashrates, but i just can't seem to squeeze any more out of this card). Do you think I'd be better off with a 290x, or two 750ti's on n-scrypt? Keep in mind I'm more concerned about hashpower than power consumption, as i have bundled electricity with my living arrangement. Comparing scrypt results from the hardware table, it looks like the 290x is the right choice @ ~1Mh/s (and most likely a higher resale value) but i figure you guys may know something i don't.

Do you have the stilt bios on it? 7970/280x needs it or you'll have low hashrates.

Not the 280x, all 280x's already have optimized bios'.

What clocks?

Good clocks to start at are 1000 core and 1500 memory. Always 1500 memory, core clock is different for every card. Usually somewhere between 1000 and 1100 it will hit a sweet spot. My 280x likes 1060 core clock.

Do you have the stilt bios on it? 7970/280x needs it or you'll have low hashrates.
No, I've heard of stilt bios, but i was too afraid i was gonna accidentally load the wrong one and brick my card. Do they really make that much of a difference?
Not the 280x, all 280x's already have optimized bios'.

What clocks?

Good clocks to start at are 1000 core and 1500 memory. Always 1500 memory, core clock is different for every card. Usually somewhere between 1000 and 1100 it will hit a sweet spot. My 280x likes 1060 core clock.
I read some stuff online that my particular brand (Visiontek) had a lot of low hashrate/bios issues. I loaded the ATI bios, but i saw no real chance in hashrate. I was expecting to be able to hash between 600-800kh/s on scrypt, but i could never get above 610 stable

Stock clocks of 1000, 1500. I haven't messed around with those much, since it didn't do much for me in scrypt. I'll play with it a bit when i have time, i may be able to squeeze out a few extra kh/x.

No, I've heard of stilt bios, but i was too afraid i was gonna accidentally load the wrong one and brick my card. Do they really make that much of a difference?

I read some stuff online that my particular brand (Visiontek) had a lot of low hashrate/bios issues. I loaded the ATI bios, but i saw no real chance in hashrate. I was expecting to be able to hash between 600-800kh/s on scrypt, but i could never get above 610 stable

Stock clocks of 1000, 1500. I haven't messed around with those much, since it didn't do much for me in scrypt. I'll play with it a bit when i have time, i may be able to squeeze out a few extra kh/x.

the sweet spot for a 280x is around 740kh/s for scrypt, but I really think your effort would be better spent working on x13, the difficulty for litecoin is peering over 10k and gpu mining litecoins for substantial profit is basically 'over'. x13 is paying out reasonably well and uses a lot less power than scrypt.

the sweet spot for a 280x is around 740kh/s for scrypt, but I really think your effort would be better spent working on x13, the difficulty for litecoin is peering over 10k and gpu mining litecoins for substantial profit is basically 'over'. x13 is paying out reasonably well and uses a lot less power than scrypt.

+1

Stilt BIOS's make a large difference.
Get 'em!
Where does one go about finding these? Is there like a website, or master-directory? All i can find are random forum posts from 3rd parties.
Yea, I've already moved on from scrypt, i was just using it as a measurement of my hashing power. Right now I'm using my 280x to mine vertcoin. The value seems to be steadily declining, I'll keep an eye on the value for now but I'm already starting to look around for a new coin to add to my mining portfolio. (I was thinking possibly darkcoin, but i'm not sure yet. There's so many choices, and research to be done.)

sporktar said:
Where does one go about finding these? Is there like a website, or master-directory? All i can find are random forum posts from 3rd parties.
Yea, I've already moved on from scrypt, i was just using it as a measurement of my hashing power. Right now I'm using my 280x to mine vertcoin. The value seems to be steadily declining, I'll keep an eye on the value for now but I'm already starting to look around for a new coin to add to my mining portfolio. (I was thinking possibly darkcoin, but i'm not sure yet. There's so many choices, and research to be done.)

Stilt took down all the 7970/280x bioses from his thread, several people have uploaded all of them and can be found with a bit of googling. I don't need the stilt bios for x13 on my 7970, the stock bios seems to be performing on par with what it should. I would look at mining on Trademybit or Nicehash instead of trying to chase around the next best coin. Personally, I want bitcoin. Couldn't care less about the alts anymore.

The only alt I'd mine and hold, other than maybe jackpotcoin is monero, but for the longer term. Watch the prices though, don't sleep on alts without monitoring the price every day.

If it drops more than 5%, it might be a good idea to dump it for btc and move on, or buy back lower.

I picked up a 750 Ti, anyone know ideal settings for one? I assume the latest version of cudaminer supports scrypt-N? The latest version I can find is 2-28-2014 is that correct?

A quick google search yield a possible layout for a batch file, can anyone confirm these settings-

cudaminer.exe -a scrypt:2048 -o stratum+tcp://pool: port -u USER.WORKER -p password -i 0 -l T5x24 -C 2 -m 1

Scrypt-N algo on waffle is doing well so I'll probably just point it on that, but need to know the best settings and stuff. Thanks

Last edited:
Well what I'm looking for is something that explains the parameters-

-l T5x20 -i 0 -C 2 -H 2

I mean, whats T5x20 and what does changing it do? What can I change it too? Whats -I 0, -C 2, and whats -H 2?

Back