• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to stealth all drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
alright, i am now the proud owner of a lian li pc-75..i got a drive cover for my dvd drive, but my cdrw is way old, and they didnt have any for drives with a round button...so, how can i go about steathing all my drives, including the floppy drive? what my thoughts were on the cdroms..is to just put a dab of superglue on the cdrw button, so it has some height, and then attach the drive bay cover to the cd drawer..so all i have to do is push on the front a little, and it will open. im rather stuck on how to do it with a floppy drive...any ideas? or links? i might change the LED's in the drives also, to bright blue ones, but that is probably down the road

Take one of the original drive bay coverings that came w/ the case, clip the edges off of it, and then use doublesided foam tape to affix it to the drive door, and glue a peice of cardboard or spare case metal to the inside to push on the button when you push the corner of the plate in. As for the floppy drive, you could sink it into the case far enough that you can put the plate on somewhat loose, but snug. Then, when you need to use the floppy(!? who does that anymore? lol), push on one side of the plate and hope you can grab the other end comming out.

Plans for the front of my case are to take the spare metal from the window, and use it to stealth the drives... or at least help stealth them. My case has the floppy drive already cut out on the front... I'm not a fan of that, but oh well.

for the floppy, you could rig a spring loaded door out of a drive blank. use little springs from some old hinge.

or you could recess the floppy drive and use one of those push in/latch--push again/unlatch latches on the top of the blank, so all you'd have to do is push on the top of the bay and it would pop open. the hard part with that would be getting the latch to fit in the tiny space, but you're creative, so I think you can figure something out ;).

actually there was a post not too long ago on how to stealth a floppy... if you search you may find it. It may have been on the front page though.

Back