• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212 Evo problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrustyButt

123 West Awesome Ave. Blueberry, Pancakes
Hey guys, I just want to say I'm not a computer genius but I know my way around pretty well, so basically my Hyper 212 Evo is giving me problems. I have have a front intake 120 MM fan, outtake 120 MM fan in the rear. I have my Evo positioned like this..along with this fan array.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/857/212h.jpg/sr=1

If you need any more info let em know, I have reseated my cooler 2 times, and yes I reapplied TIM. I know this is a novice question, but how do I setup my sig aswell...Until I setup a sig, PC specs down there.

Load temps: 55-60 after 30 min. of Prime95
Idle (if they matter): 30-45 C

AMD Phenom X4 955
12 GB DDR3 1600
A785GT-UD3H
2GB 6870's

Thanks in advanced.

I just installed a 212 Evo yesterday (was using the stock HSF).

I don't see a question here about the 212 Evo though.

Temps seem good. I'm bouncing around 27°C-35°C at idle (was 37-41°C with stock HSF). I haven't checked at full load but was at 72°C encoding video with stock HSF.

You can change your sig by going into User CP and look for Signature on the left column.

Temps seem good. I'm bouncing around 27°C-35°C at idle (was 37-41°C with stock HSF). I haven't checked at full load but was at 72°C encoding video with stock HSF.

You can change your sig by going into User CP and look for Signature on the left column.

Thanks for the sig answer, My question was if there is any, how casn I improve my temps? I am at stock votage and clock(1.325, and 16 x 200 + 3.2ghz).

They seem to be fine. My ambient (room) temp is 68-70°F. I'm oc'd to 4.2ghz and stock voltage.

I just encoded some video and temps were mostly under 60°C but one core did bump up to 65°C for a short bit once while I was looking (encoded for 3 hrs).

They seem to be fine. My ambient (room) temp is 68-70°F. I'm oc'd to 4.2ghz and stock voltage.

I just encoded some video and temps were mostly under 60°C but one core did bump up to 65°C for a short bit once while I was looking (encoded for 3 hrs).

Thanks for the quick response, but keep in mind I am on STOCK everything, not overclocked...I just don't get it.

Maybe others can chime in but I don't think your temps are out of line for this HSF.

You can't compare apples and oranges...
A 2500K runs hotter than a PhII @stock and tolerates higher temps (PhII in the mid 50's and 2500K in the 80's).

As your cpu is not overclocked, with a 212 push/pull config, these temps seem much too high.

You can't compare apples and oranges...
A 2500K runs hotter than a PhII @stock and tolerates higher temps (PhII in the mid 50's and 2500K in the 80's).

As your cpu is not overclocked, with a 212 push/pull config, these temps seem much too high.

Not to be a ****, but YES I already know that, do you have any suggestions of what I can do?

Not to be a ****, but YES I already know that, do you have any suggestions of what I can do?

That was not for you... And please, don't be a ****;)
How is your case ventilated?
I see an intake at the front and an exhaust at the back. Do you have more fans running?

And of course, what is your ambient?

EDIT: sorry, did'nt read your first post very well. I believe you need a better ventilation if you are sure that the heatsink is seated properly. And maybe add a pull fan on it.

That was not for you... And please, don't be a ****;)
How is your case ventilated?
I see an intake at the front and an exhaust at the back. Do you have more fans running?

And of course, what is your ambient?

EDIT: sorry, did'nt read your first post very well. I believe you need a better ventilation if you are sure that the heatsink is seated properly.

Ohh sorry, I thought that was directed at me :D Sorry man, no I only have the front intake and rear exhaust..I do have a slot for a 90 MM fan on my panel..shoudl I possibly add one of those? Ambient is 65 - 75 F

I would add an intake side panel fan and an exhaust top fan.
That will certainly help.

And is there enough pressure on the cpu? It has a huge impact on temps.

I would add an intake side panel fan and an exhaust top fan.
That will certainly help.

And is there enough pressure on the cpu? It has a huge impact on temps.

Yes, it is tightened all the way down, I am going to try a second fan on the HS/F which is my last method that I can think of, I will be ordering 2 more 120/140 MM fans for up top..I will let you now how it works.

Ok, well good and bad news..It lowered my load temps by about 2-4 C on load. Other than that, My fans will eb coming int he mail soon, I just ordered 3of these guys...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209027

I also noticed my CPU isn't FULLY covered by my Evo, there's about 1/2 cm of the CPU untouched by the CPU..does this matter? If it does, I am going to reseat it again immediately because I think this is the problem :p

How about turning it 90 degrees so that the fan pushes air upwards, might help you cover more of the CPU, im an Intel guy so I dont know what AMD CPU's are shaped like.

Also, did you make sure the holder for the heatsink was inserted the right way, it is different for amd and intel setups, read the instructions.

How about turning it 90 degrees so that the fan pushes air upwards, might help you cover more of the CPU, im an Intel guy so I dont know what AMD CPU's are shaped like.

Also, did you make sure the holder for the heatsink was inserted the right way, it is different for amd and intel setups, read the instructions.

Yea, I might try that, I have a top mounted PSU aswell, sot that could help.

Seems good to me.

I don't have an AMD so can't say with certainty, but with my i7 I run at 19c and hit 36c on 95% load.

Back