• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212+(Non EVO) On 2550K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

esCob4r

Hey I just wanted to get some ideas and opinions on how far safely do you think i can push an i5-2550K chip with a Hyper 212+ cooler HSF? I plan to convert to custom water as soon as I get back on my feet with a job once my doctor clears me for work. But for the mean time I will have a 2550K sometime next week and wanted to know what kind of overclocks do you think I can expect. I know you can have your rare batch of 5.0+Ghz but I am mainly aiming towards 4.5Ghz at the highest maybe. For 24/7 running by the way.

Hey, that takes the fun out of overclocking... so for an answer I'm gonna say, All the way!
I would think 4.3-4.5 I doubt 4.6 for 24/7 but possibly. You might get even more if you're really lucky. This is only a guess mind you, I haven't seen too many OC threads on the 2550k yet.

Hey, that takes the fun out of overclocking... so for an answer I'm gonna say, All the way!
I would think 4.3-4.5 I doubt 4.6 for 24/7 but possibly. You might get even more if you're really lucky. This is only a guess mind you, I haven't seen too many OC threads on the 2550k yet.

Well I will find out soon enough! =P I hope its not a blooper though. If it is I will be very upset with myself for not just trying to push for a 2500K store bought =S

No guarantee a store bought 2500K would get you there either. It really depends on the particular chip. Having said that, if a lot of folks are hitting X frequency then the odds are with you.

Back