• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I believe Motherboard is culprit, how do I go through RMA process?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Would lowering voltage on CPU help since you said it was a bit higher than normal

You should have HWMonitor already open on the desktop while Prime is running. It should be open on the desktop before you start the Prime blend stress test so as to capture minimum, current and max temps. If it's not open go ahead and open it but after the 20 minute test is done leave HWMonitor open to capture minimum temps after cool down.

So show me a pic of HWMonitor after that run.

Don't forget to add the info about your cooler to the Sig.

Temps are what I would expect for a stock cooler, core temps in the mid 50s that is. Cooler is doing its job but please take note that if you want to overclock this CPU you will definitely need a good aftermarket cooler.

I'm more concerned with the minimum CPU voltage (CPU vcore) I see in HWMonitor. It's 1.28. Did you notice that reading came under load or at idle? If you are not sure do a short Prime95 run to check that out. If that low vcore is under load then it may not be enough to keep the CPU stable under a heavy load like gaming.

Temps are what I would expect for a stock cooler, core temps in the mid 50s that is. Cooler is doing its job but please take note that if you want to overclock this CPU you will definitely need a good aftermarket cooler.

I'm more concerned with the minimum CPU voltage (CPU vcore) I see in HWMonitor. It's 1.28. Did you notice that reading came under load or at idle? If you are not sure do a short Prime95 run to check that out. If that low vcore is under load then it may not be enough to keep the CPU stable under a heavy load like gaming.

Didn't check as I was away from keyboard (eating) during the stress testing. I'll check again a bit later but I'll post again sometime today.

And nah not gonna overclock again. I did to 3.4 GHz on my old CPU but that was only 200 MHz added and my temps are fine as you said. Quite chilly here anyways.

Memory Overvoltage
For Memory Overvoltage it says
"min = 1.5000 V
max = 2.3100 V
Standard = 1.5000 V
Increment = 0.0150V
+/-: Raise / Reduce"

Don't hang me for taking a guess here, but could the "max = 2.3100v" the culprit here?

Memory Overvoltage
"min = 1.5000 V
max = 2.3100 V
Standard = 1.5000 V
Increment = 0.0150V

Don't hang me for taking a guess here, but could the "max = 2.3100v" the culprit here?

But that's just the range available as a manual setting in bios. That's not what he's running it at I don't think.

Memory Overvoltage
"min = 1.5000 V
max = 2.3100 V
Standard = 1.5000 V
Increment = 0.0150V

So run Prime 95 and look for what? I'll do it right now

Look for what the CPU vcore shows in HWMonitor after the the CPU is pulling a full load. It may go up, it may go down depending on how your bios is configured to respond to load.

Look for what the CPU vcore shows in HWMonitor after the the CPU is pulling a full load. It may go up, it may go down depending on how your bios is configured to respond to load.

Ok one sec Trents :p

Here's what I'd like you to do:
1. Give the CPU vcore a slight bump in bios voltage. Whatever its set to now, give it the smallest increment higher, like .015 more or something like that. Your temps won't take much more voltage but a tad more may be okay for everything but Prime95.
2. Give the CPUNB a bump to 1.225 volts.
3. Give the memory a voltage bump to 1.55.

See if that helps the random instability problem.

Ultimately, I would suggest you get a good aftermarket CPU cooler.

Here's what I'd like you to do:
1. Give the CPU vcore a slight bump in bios voltage. Whatever its set to now, give it the smallest increment higher, like .015 more or something like that. Your temps won't take much more voltage but a tad more may be okay for everything but Prime95.
2. Give the CPUNB a bump to 1.225 volts.
3. Give the memory a voltage bump to 1.55.

See if that helps the random instability problem.

Ultimately, I would suggest you get a good aftermarket CPU cooler.

Ok I'll try that later tonight. Sorry for the wait again but my spring break just started so I should be on more.

Your bios is very limited and some of those adjustments I recommended are not available. Here's what you can do but you will have to take some things off "Auto" first:
1. Give the CPU the smallest voltage bump available to you: +50 mv
2. Give the CPNBVDD the smallest voltage bump available: +33 mv

See if that helps with stability.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 22
Back