• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clickyurdead

Ok yea im runnin a athlon xp 2200 riiighhtt on a k7n2 delta l i can get hte bus to 145 but if i go to 147 windows appears to try and load but then i get a blue screen for a corrupt file.. anyone got any ideas about this?

Welcome to the forums.

There is no *easy* answer for this. To OC (overclock) is an art. The way one machine reacts to an OC is different from every other machine.

The blue screen is no doubt because a piece of hardware is failing under the increased speed of a 147 fsb. You can try to increase the voltage the the CPU and/or memory. Of course, if you do this, you need to cool those items because they will generate more heat and heat can make parts fail. It could be that your vid card and/or IDE channels can't handle the fsb. You can see if your board allows you to lock those down.

There are many many ways to go to fix this problem. I would suggest that you use the "Search" feature within these forums to find answers that will work for you.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Back