• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I went "fanless" for my DD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contra

I used the fanless approach for my daily driver, because I don't have time to game anymore

But If I get back into it I will switch it out
20180721_162257.jpeg 20180721_162301.jpeg 20180724_210523.jpeg

it gets about 10 degree hotter than before at adle

the only load I put on it anymore is watching Netflix from time to time
and then it get about 10 degree hotter then with a fan/heatsink combo...but it looks cool :)

C'mon guys, he's obviously talking about the CPU heatsink. Does he have to get rid of the fart fan in the bathroom, too? This thread is starting to look like the political posts on FB. SMDH

Well, I'm with ehume on this one. Fanless. In my taco brain: fanless=absence of fans.

Getting rid of bathroom fan is a bad idea unless you do zero emissions.

Well if you look closely, chassis fan has exact path facing the couch heatsink!

What I'd like to see as an experiment, all fans off, how far temps would climb?

PS-flat earth, is that thing still going strong? I haven't been on there for a while. Banned from general section.

C'mon guys, he's obviously talking about the CPU heatsink. Does he have to get rid of the fart fan in the bathroom, too? This thread is starting to look like the political posts on FB. SMDH
+1...

Same shhh.. different piles.

He was talking about the CPU heatsink, though. ehume has kind of a fan fetish . . .

I'll admit I have a fan fetish. Those of you who have seen my posts know I prefer having an open back -- no grill, no fans. But I do have two fans up front and I don't say my rig is fanless.

And your reviews are class leaders. :thup:

Off topic, this is getting political!
Anyways, why do fanless? Or partial fanless?
Is it for the noise or just novelty? Surely newer fans are quite quiet! You don't usually go deaf hearing a PC unless room is blindly quiet!

Back