• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 3770K Overclocking / Asrock Z77 extreme4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1b0b1

Registered
Hey guys,

Anyone here got the i7 3770k with the Asrock extreme 4 and successfully overclocked it ? if so, please share the results (frequency/voltage used and the temperatures reached). The reason behind this is that I am going to get the exact components and planning to overclock the CPU to get the most out of it, so it is nice to know what should I expect.

My rig (ordered and waiting for the parts to arrive):

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
Cooler: CM Master Hyper 212 EVO
MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (Lightning Edition)
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM 64 MB
SSD: Corsair Force GT 240 GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze

Thank you.

Last edited:
Read the 4.5ghz guide located in the intel ultimate sticky thread for instructions. Except start with 1.25v.

Problem with others setting is they may not work as each cpu is different.

Others temps do not matter either.. too manymuch variables toinvolved compare againt. 4.5ghz is in the cards with that cooling...keep it at 90c
or less.

After you have read the guides as stated above ^^ you could also watch this video guide. Its for beginner's overclocking i5-3570k and i7-3770k on a Asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard! This should help you to understand the settings in the Bios and the reason why they are changed and what they do. AJ. :thup:

A good piece of advice is to watch the video 2 or 3 times and making a note of his settings. Then if your still not sure write down the things you have changed, then if you have a problem. You can always go back and reset it afterwards, but his settings i must stress is only a rough guide! Why not all CPU's and motherboards are exactly the same. ;)

Guys, thanks for the tips and I already watched a lot of videos and read the guidelines. However, all I wanted is to someone share the results he had after a successful overclocking.

Thanks anyways

Commonly you see these chips, depending on the CPU and cooling of course, around 4.5GHz perhaps give or take a couple hundred MHz (usually give). The goal with overclocking is to hit your goal clockspeed with the least amount of voltage needed for stability.

im at 4.6 @ 1.28v, havent tried any lower volts. i suspect it will work fine at ~1.25

i'm on corsair h100

Back