• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idle 100 C for 2700x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Corrected my typo. Thanks. Yes, I have the same concerns since we know nothing about how the PSU is wired or whether or not it's advertised numbers are exaggerated.

He just needs to address the cooling issue for the time being. I think the PSU looks like it's working.....

Running a 2700x on that board is like putting 87 octane in a Ferrari :eek:

From the giant CSV sheet in the other thread, I can see that a fan is connected to the CPU fan header and reporting RPMs >2k, consistent with the tctl temps. However let's not make any assumptions. Please visually confirm that the fan is spinning, and ensure that it is plugged into the proper connector on the motherboard.

Are there fans in the case? How many, what size and what direction are they pointing? The arms that mount the motor in the center are on the side of fan that the air blows out of. What case is being used?

Next we'll need to re mount the CPU cooler. I don't believe the AMD stock coolers come with plastic over the cooling plate, and the TIM was pre-applied on mine. I believe replacing the TIM would be necessary, so you'll need to get some. Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is a good brand, there are many, some will cost less and perform similarly, or at least well enough with the stock cooler. We can walk you through the process when you're ready.

I screwed up :/
I always do

vrms cooling is very likely an issue

Yes fan is spinning

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aODvhVUoggpXSqFoR-x89jsQKRUidZz4
uc

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no rear case fan to exhaust the heat? I'd start there.

Need fans for intake and exhaust to get nice fresh air in and old stuffy hot air out.

Please refrain from using profanity, even poorly spelled. While personally it doesn't matter to me at all, it has been a long standing rule of this community.

As ShrimpBrine stated, you're going to need some case fans.

Some degree of VRM cooling will be performed by the CPU cooler. Problems with VRM cooling or VRM quality will lead to the CPU failing to boost to its highest clocks. I would not be surprised if that is something you encounter with this motherboard, however currently the CPU itself is overheating to the point where it shuts itself down to prevent damage. You should be able to mount at least one fan in the front of the case, although two would be better.

You'll need to measure fan size. 120mm and 140mm are common sizes. Arctic makes affordable fans with good performance, look for F12 (120mm) and F14 (140mm) models. Corsair makes top of the line fans with features like RGB etc, for about 3 times the price.

Next you'll need to work on your cable management. Your case is not super conducive to this, and a modular power supply would help a lot as well. I see that you have secured some cables so that is a good start. I would try to tuck any extra cables, as well as extra length of cables like the 24 pin and 8 pin above thee optical drive. There appears to be a large black front panel connector looping over the graphics card, run this along the edge of the motherboard and under the front end of the card. Do the same with the other long black cables going across the back of the card. Tighten up the graphics card power cables as well, and try to stash any extra cable in the drive bays. This allows the fans you place in the front of the case to actually flow air to your components, instead of being stuffed up with cables.

From that pic it also looks like the Cooler's heat sink is pretty clogged with dust.

I dont see the cuss word.

Is it the I messed up comment? You guys really moderate that hard core here?

Lighten up guys. He didnt use profanity at all lol..

I took it out Shrimp and replaced it with screwed

It was there. It's in my email notification, and it wasn't "darn it all to heck", it was the Big Boy, the nuke of bad words. LOL
That's why I came here now, to mention that a mod will be along to fix that. Forum rules are pretty specific on that score. I like that position, personally. (even though I got popped for accidentally putting a no-no in a meme once). When I first came to OCF I used to bring my then 11 year old daughter, trying to develop an interest in computers. Most forums are worse than a dive bar in that respect.. I appreciated the family friendly atmosphere in one of the most knowledgeable groups I know of.OK, sorry for the hijack. Back to our regularly scheduled thread. :D

Oh I see Johan thanks.

Yea, W9 being small and everyone plenty adult enough, we dont have the rule not to use such words. Every now and then you might come across a cuss word or two at our site, but at or towards people isnt tolerated.

I fully understand and try to be respectful of forum rules here and other sites as well to respect other people.

We all come from different homes. My kids have all heard the bad words when Im in the garage lol.

Last edited:
Profanity increases as facility with a language decreases. IMO there are always better ways to communicate than the use of expletives.

ehi dont know about that, theres some pretty smart duders and dudettes that swear up a storm...

any way i get the feeling that a sole casefan to exhaust heat from the back of that case isnt going to cut it, no venting on the bottom, probably none on the top. my guess is a80mm in the front and another single 80 or maybe 120 in the back.
which sucks because it looks brand new but maybe within a return policy of sorts?
a few extra bucks on a case that comes with fans in it already is well worth it

i'm sorry if i missed it but is it still getting that hot opened up like that?

can 9mm vrm heatsinks touch chokes?
would not they shortcircuit ?

or it is fine?

are these better mobos with vrm heatsinks touch directly to vrms or vrm then plastic case and then on top of that thermal paste and heatsink?

i mean does it even make sense for me to add heatsinks on top of the a320m hdv3 vrms?

and i was not screwed up PG.
I really *** upped here:/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's best if they don't touch anything but the MOSFETs.
My suggestion would be to upgrade the board itself to something more suited to running a 2700x that board would work much better with 4 cores not 8
And again eurgbp I can understand your frustration but I edited that post for a reason, then you come back and repeat it. Swearing is not suitable for this forum and if you continue to you will get a warning.

expressing feelings is not a crime
first amendment
murica
plus it was censored to suit fcc

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

which mobo to buy for 2700x?

Nobody said expressing your feelings is a crime (straw man argument). This forum isn't a democracy...we have rules here... this is a G/PG forum. If you do not like it, find another. :)

Anyhoo, what is your budget for the mobo? What features do you need? Want?

Back