• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm writing my own

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I also like the idea of the chat room right on the site. But I also agree that a good forum could replace it. We definitely need some form of communication right on the site.

With consent of DarkArctic, the Pride lion has now been named... *drum roll* Sebastian. So the "mascot" (sp?) of Pride is Sebastian the Lion. What do ya' think? :D ;) :)

LOL that's just funny... where'd you come up w/ the idea of sebastion for a name? :p

Is there a reason why you're watching the Lil Mermaid too? :cool:

besides they don't have a name for the lil impish demon dude they have for FreeBSD do they?

Samurai_Punch said:

besides they don't have a name for the lil impish demon dude they have for FreeBSD do they?

I checked on FreeBSD's site...and no there is not a name for him. It's just "The FreeBSD daemon". Which proves that Sabastian is much better because he has a name. :D

-DarkArctic

Sebastian is the name of the lion!!! :D ;)

Sebastian was just the first name that popped into my head when I saw the lion. I personally like it. :D

I just ordered some (three) free Intel books on the Architecture of the 32-bit processors and is quite necessary for OS dev. I'm eagerly awaiting them (there's a backorder :(). If anyone wants, I could give them the link...

I am bumping this thread so that I can read it later and make comments. I have no time to read it right now, but I'll do it as soon as possible. Stay tuned.

I just wanted to put in my two cents but i think that the lion should be cartoony, instead of a realistic one. Because that way there you could put your own personal flare on the logo. And you could give your OS some attitude.

MaxPower said:
I just wanted to put in my two cents but i think that the lion should be cartoony, instead of a realistic one. Because that way there you could put your own personal flare on the logo. And you could give your OS some attitude.

It is cartoony. :) Take a look near the bottom of page 7 and see.

I'll PM Garfield and drunkmonkey to see what's going on with Pride and Pride's site. Wow this is an old thread, brings back memories. :D

-DarkArctic

Yeah, sorry guys. I haven't sent out an update in a while, mainly because I've been busy with school work. But, I've still been working hard at Pride! It's going really well. It's getting into a 'useful' development stage. Soon enough, I'll have interrupts working and the keyboard and I'll be able to do some OS-specific programming on it then.

About the site, I don't know what's going on with it. Sorry about that, but you'll receive an update in the near future.

Thanks!

Well, barrysworld.com started charging for there sites. If anyone could make a server or knows of a free web server that has php w/o too many ads please tell me. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Back