• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel i5-2500k basic oc Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:)
now shut down, open case, reseat the ram man :) uve been running single channel since start apparently, big hit of perf there

reset the ram/bios? and why I can change it now?

btw I checked everywhere for DIMM slots but nothing except for statistic page and there it shows its only been using chan 1 and 3. wierd **** but I keep checking it out now.

fixed the other issue its now set to 999:

Got it brb

See the colors now too now it makes sense lol haha

oh men awesome learned something again haha.

It's dual now :D

Does this mean hes more flexible with memory now or can it process more now?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, it can run more data through now :) u gained more by taking 30secs to swap a stick, than by changing timmings in bios :)

If I say I got 100 dollar to spent, which cpu cooler would u guys recommend especially for overclocking ofc.

coolermaster 412slim for ex would be one of my choices

yes guys, I have one of those too, its actually the cooler I used to hit 5.4ghz :p
but the 412 has the extra area and that helps, why not cool the chip better if he has 100 to spend ? 212 will be 30 and the 412 will be 50 .. I think its worth the extra 20

I tend to lean towards ZL1 no disrespect. Though I would like to know from you guys 1 cooler that u can agree upon that is overkill on cooling for my 2500k so it can reach its highest oc.

I hope to know it before 22:00 Paris time, so I can order it and dont have to wait till monday haha.

Cheers!

evo212 is a good cooler, its a great cooler for its price, but it was meant as a mid-grade cooler and that what it is
the 412 is a higher end cooler, again its a good cooler, not a max end best thing ever, but its $50 not $100+ for price/perf I recommend the 412slim dual fan
now the TR 120EE is a great cooler, probably best air cooler ever made, dare to disagree anyone, I have a ton of top records on air made with that cooler, but it is no longer produced unfortunately
from the current top-end coolers I think the Noctua D14 is the best, but you need to do a bit of googling, I haven't looked at those in a while, but it is also expensive and question is, do you need such a cooler ? I do max push benchmarking for the bech-team, do you need to do that or do you just need a good stable oc to use on daily basis ?

I do need a stable oc on daily basis because I am planning on buying a second gfx card so I can run it with SLI, so to be sure its stable I guess the cooler is one of the important things.

I found this online at the store I am ordering from:

http://www.alternate.nl/Cooler_Mast..._CPU_koeler/html/product/915244/?event=search

Its a dutch site but I think u can read enough to know if its the one u mean.

I also do not mind buying a high end cooler for 100+ as long as it supports my 1155 socket.

EDIT: Just saw that ur part of bench team thats a really cool position mate, but ye I would like to push towards max but max AND stable so a little balance but atleast 4,5.

Last edited:
room temp :)
the 412slim is a bit louder, but the push, pull config of dual fans will give u a bit more cooling

Nice just ordered the 412 cooler with a 7850 gfx card so after tommorrow its gonna be hardcore gaming for me haha.

Thanks alot mate really appreciate this forum/you for its kindness.

I will post results tommorrow.

btw quick off topic Q for SLI I only need that bridge cable on hardware side?

well with amd gpus u will be running crossfire not sli, but ya, all you need is the bridge, you should have one either from the mobo box or from the card, some cards come with it

btw what power supply u running ? make sure it will handle all of this load, though two 7850s arent that hungry, they still want some juice

Back