• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel Skylake-X Core i7 7820X CPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Intel's announcement of the X299 (Basin Falls) High-End Desktop (HEDT) platform initially had a few people shaking their heads, myself included. It all seemed very rushed and many claimed it to be a response to the recent Ryzen/ThreadRipper line from AMD. Whether it was or wasn't, we'll likely never know. What we do know is that it covers a broad line-up of CPUs from the quad core i5 all the way up to the 18 core/36 thread i9. This is the* first time since LGA 1366 that Intel*has included quad-core variants*on their HEDT* platform and many aren't quite sure what to make of it.

Click here to view the article.

Thanks Johan!

Something is quite weird on some heqd to heqd benchmarks: the 7820X@4GHz shozs the same results as the 5960x@GHz (XTU, and SuperPi) with even an extra 2.5% performance for the latter in XTU.

Any clue on that?

Edit: after reading more thoroughly, the answer is in the article, lol! Different cache structure

Can you help with overclocking?

Dear Shawn,

I have read your informative thread regarding i7-7820X overclocking and I would like to say first of all, thank you very much for writing the thread itself.

My PC runs the same CPU(i7-7820X) with a Titan Xp Collectors Edition. I never tried overclocking before in my life, but I really would like to try it on my system. Do you think you can help me out with this? I need a real expert opinion on this matter, as my PC is not a cheap one and I am not ready to risk it without a help of someone who really knows what they are talking about.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Kind regards
Ata Akca

Back