• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

interested in unleashing my cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
does it look like my ram is channeled right now?

and what does that blend test tell ya

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 33
No problem. I miss things like that and don't even have a pain pill excuse. Ask my wife. I can never find anything in the kitchen even though it's right in front of my eyes.

The blend test tells us you approximately 5-10c of headroom from a temp standpoint to overclock. That will disappear fairly quickly once you begin to add voltage to the CPU.

By the way, you need to go into bios and turn off Cool N Quiet and C1E. Look at your frequencies and voltages in the CPU-z "CPU" tab. Look how low they are. You still have the "green" stuff active. The "green" stuff lowers frequencies, multipliers and voltages at idle in order to conserve power. It makes overclocking difficult because you can't see where you are.

Please put the dram frequency back to 1333 mhz. The issue in this case is not how fast your ram is rated for but what the CPU on-die memory controller (IMC)can handle and you will probably find the system will not quite be stable with the ram at 1600 mhz. The IMC is only rated for 1300 mhz on that CPU. It is the limiting factor. I have run that CPU family and can tell you it won't likely take the ram at 1600 mhz.
As mentioned I've had that same board and had no problems running 1600mhz ram once I got it all tweaked right. In many cases, amd IMCs are rated for a max of 1333mhz, but plenty can run higher, such as 1600 without issue. My recommendation would be to try the 1600, and if you run into any issues switch back to 1333. Cant hurt to try, and you will get a boost from the higher clocked memory as well. My Thuban IMC is rated at 1333mhz, but can easily support 1800mhz stable, so you should have some breathing room, even though your processor design is slightly different.

Yeah, but I would get the rest of the overclock settled before I did tried to increase the memory frequency.

It may be hidden in another bios menu tab than the other overclocking options. In lieu of that, go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and set the option to High Performance if it is not already. If you can't find it, don't worry overly. I don't think that one is terribly important.

Your case is 8" wide so you have no limitations on air cooler size. The biggest bang for the buck new is the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 evo. It would be appropriate for your CPU and allow a good overclock. But I have another idea and I'll send you a PM (personal message) to see if you are interested.

PM sent. Let me know if you didn't get it. Not sure if you have PM privileges yet.

still waiting for overclock advice/instructions for the temp limits i have now. and can adjust after upgrade

Back