• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is an AM3+ motherboard compatible with an AM3 socket processor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Intel seems to be in the habit of letting others revolutionize/standardize new tech, while they focus on new manufacturing technologies instead. Then when they are ready they can refine X,Y,Z technology on their manufacturing platform and put out something that no one can compete with. Sad but true, and when your on top of the heap you don't have to rewrite the rules, just know what they are...

Anyway gratz on your purchase of an 8150. Ive got an early revision 125w FX-8120 and I have not been disappointed in it once yet. The only disappointing thing about my 8120 is the piece of junk circa 2002 waterblock that's sitting on it.

I put in a raystorm rs240 in to replace the CM Hyper 612 PWM (which was, actually an excellent performing air heatsink, you just need a full tower or a HAF XM mid-tower to stick it in). Inexpensive but my cpu NEVER hits past 48c (25 over ambient) under load and than makes me happy. The 95 watts helps too.

I remember way back when IBM was the innovator, coming up with bleeding edge stuff, making their own PC's and having only one competitor (at least in the military) - Motorola.

as you said most of the reviews weren't from verified owners, so it could just be people trashing it for the sake of trashing it (like that doesn't happen).

Actually, I said that most of the 1-egg reviews were not from verified owners. Most of the rest of the reviews, typically in the 3 to 5-egg range, from both verified owners and not, mentioned problems with the heat sink. It is the most consistent con listed in the reviews.

Anyway, it can't hurt to replace it.

Back