• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a reason i shouldnt get a 360mm AIO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
came home on my lunch with a different molex to 3 pin and it works. running fans and pump at full speed
must have been a bad one that i was trying before.

i'm gonna wait and se my ram speed back when i have more time to play with settings

i'll run it like this and find something i can hack together the PWM and speed wire to the board to get some onboard control over it

edit:
I have this going in my system and it works as intended. I have 5 fans plugged into it and it's powered directly by the PSU and attached to the CPU fan connector. This is only like $10 from amazon. It could free up some of your power issues.

View attachment 204701

I didnt see this at first. man i looked and looked and i couldnt find one with the signal and pwm wires going to the board. i'll take a look when i order my ATH-PRO5X (headphones)

My AIO came with a fan hub. I run the pump from the CPU fan header set to max and set the rad fan curve in the BIOS. I use the fan header that my case came with for chassis fans. Since the chassis fans are a little quieter I set the fan curve on them a little more aggressively than the radiator fan curve so I get more airflow with less noise for the little ups and downs in fan speed. Not much annoys me more than listening to my fans ramping up and down with youtube videos and browser tabs. LOL

this kit came with a "integrated fan hub" thats stuck between the inlet and outlet fittings on the rad, only thing is that the wiring for it is run under one of the sleeves down the pipe to the pump and from there comes out the side of the pump intp the plug for the board.
its great for cable management and a clean design that keeps it all easily movable but i think thats a lot to ask of one fan header.

but i am a sucker for cable management so i did it they way they intended.

i got some stuff ordered and hopefully it'll be back together before the weekend.

as a side note, stock speeds with fans and pump at full tilt, its only about 2 or 3 degrees over ambient and at load (games) its lower/mid 30's

My three fans (rad) run off one fan header, too. So far, so good though. The fan header that came in my case has an option to use either a mobo header or a SATA power connector directly from the PSU, but that leaves BIOS control of the case fans out of the loop and all running full speed all the time. The Phanteks fans are impressively quiet, but if I had to run the fans at full speed constantly I'd be looking at Noctuas. LOL

Back