• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there anybody else with an EVGA 730a + PII 940?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChillPhatCat

I can't for the life of me get the multiplier for the NB to go up or down from 9x... even with the HT at 200 MHz. And, my FSB will not go over 245 MHz... regardless of how much voltage I apply to the chipset. It seems these issues are universal and the company doesn't really have an answer... but I'm just wondering if through some miracle or divine intervention someone has managed to overcome these obstacles.

not trying to steal yr thread homie, but i am having similar problem too.
EVGA 730a Hybrid Sli mobo
AMD Phenom X4 9550
OCZ SLI 8500 800mhz 4G 2x2 555 12,1T

i can't find tha muliiplier in tha bio's to change it. c-puid say its at 11 x but i cant find it nowhere. being as we got same mobo what is tha wording n tha bios for tha multiplier ?
thanks for anyones help

I can't for the life of me get the multiplier for the NB to go up or down from 9x... even with the HT at 200 MHz. And, my FSB will not go over 245 MHz... regardless of how much voltage I apply to the chipset. It seems these issues are universal and the company doesn't really have an answer... but I'm just wondering if through some miracle or divine intervention someone has managed to overcome these obstacles.

same board here im at 250x11 . my bios will not load NB HT SPEED 247/248/249 FSB. i had to jump from 246 to 250 and it was'nt easy either. not sure if this helps any?

Same setup here. EVGA 730a + PII 940. My situation is that BIOS won't even recognize the phenom II 940. So therefore, none of my OSes recognize it.
EDIT: Solved with a BIOS update.

Last edited:
Back