• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this right?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
I got my 2x250 WD Caviar's in the mail today, hooked them up in a Matrix Raid (160 RAID0 for Windows/programs, 340 RAID0 for storage). Followed the steps in the sticky for the Matrix Raid and saw he had a average read of 160's and burst of around 900.

I ran HDTach for the first time got 131 read avg and 300mb/sec burst speed...not bad, but I knew there was an option that I had to enable in the Matrix Raid manager. Found it and changed it and I ran the bench again...

131mb/sec read avg....not bad, didn't change....3254.2mb/s burst speed...not b....WTF!! I ran this test 3 times and got very similar results. Don't believe me? LOL :beer:

isthisright.jpg

So my question is...is this right? Or do I have really fast drives or is this test faulty??

Just did a HDTune on request, similar results....

hdtune.jpg

This is madness!!!!
This is a glitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow im so jealous now. If thats right you can install a program in about 2 seconds =P.

Just ran another test, this time with my external drive, the program is working normal....

hdtuneworking.jpg

Wellcome to Matrix Raid ! :D

Just download PCMark05 and do the benchies, then compared your rig with others around the world to see the difference, especially in HD related scores.

The matters is, do you feel the difference ? :)

bing said:
Wellcome to Matrix Raid ! :D

Just download PCMark05 and do the benchies, then compared your rig with others around the world to see the difference, especially in HD related scores.

The matters is, do you feel the difference ? :)
VERY MUCH!! The stock bonedry installation of Windows after a couple restarts was 8 SECONDS from the start of Windows booting to the desktop :cool:

WAY better than my single drives AND my crappy Raid I had last time...lol

But is that burst speed right!?!? It seems WAY too high.

Yeah, its normal, just walkthrough the Matrix Sticky, you'll find tons of similiar result or even higher ! :D

Just see it as an unique "signature" of Intel ICHxR Raid and still until today, no clear explanation on those crazy burst. Those scores at average transfer rate (STR) and avg. access times do really matter imo. :)

Anyway, since you really "feel" the difference, that alone beat the hell out of any benchies number out there ! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, that odd burst speed thing came out arround page 3 or 4 of that thread if i remember my reading of its begining bits late last night.

Cool stuff, but Im still trying to get my stuff to work with it.

Back