• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your tubing kinking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Does your tubing kink?

• Yes

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 143 69.8%
  • I need extra tubing

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • I need hose clamps or zip ties

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Other: post what you do

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • I need to use elbows

Votes: 10 4.9%

• Total voters
I have been using MasterKleer's 7/16"ID-5/8"OD for about 6 months now with no kinks. Its flexibility and clarity are a definite step up over the ClearFlex60 I was using. I am guessing thats primarily due to the slightly thinner 3/32" wall thickness. Up side is that its $0.37/ft from Mcmaster.com, downside is that you have to buy it in 25ft increments.
Same here. I bought 12ft of it, though, and that seemed fine with them.

I just bought some thicker tubing from home depot and it works much better than the other stuff. I went from 5/8"OD to 3/4"OD on 1/2" tubing, the thicker stuff takes tight bends much better.

not any real bends in the tubing, also run about 50' of line to the CPU. Result of having such a long length of tubing is that potentially I could run the loop without a radiator. (actually I did for about 3 days while I fixed a small leak I caused after throwing a screwdriver at the rad during one of my PO moods. the rest is up to your imagination :p)

No me :)
I use push 3/8 fittings from Candian home depot
and the milky white pipe
to stop it kinking i plung the pipe into boiling water as im setting up the system.
You know when its hot enough the pipe goes clear and very flexable
the sets hard again when it cools

Contra said:
i had kinks but i saw someone use tie straps on their tubes to force the kinks out and i tried it
and it works great no more kinks!

put some more on and make it look like tony the tiger

Most of my system is thick walled, but the Swifty WB came from a kit and I foolishly used the tubing pre attached to the WB. I had to drill two small holes in the bottom of my cases to allow for a zip tie to form a loop and hold the tubing away from th eedge of the video card and minimize the flattening effect that is occuring on that one piece of tubing.

Thinking of trying the cool sleeves things, instead of my ghetto screw clamps...

How much of that stuff do you get per oder? like, a foot er so?

MassiveOverkill said:
You'll need two sets of cool sleeves if you're doing both your CPU and GPU.

Only really plan to use it on where it kinka, and it's only in 2 places...........getting clear also. :p

Yeah, I support anyone who decides to save a bit of money, but isn't it a stretch to say that no one "needs" tygon? I use it for more than just one reason, and at $2.50 a foot times 8-feet a year, it's not like it's killing my budget? I use it because I want to, which should be enough.

everyone is entitled to their opinion and preference of course. the purpose was just to point out that people who need tight bends do not always have to resort to buying tygon.

Back